"Getting you ready for bed. You can't want to sleep in your corset." He slipped her dress off and went to work on her undergarments. "Why do women wear so many clothes?"

"To keep you busy," she yawned, rubbing at her neck. Was she dreaming? She had to be dreaming. There was no way the Alpha King was on his knees before his slave pulling off her tights.

"Is your neck sore?" He asked, looking up at her.

"I may have slept on the window seat last night as well," she muttered tiredly. She shivered as Caleb stood.

He slipped the last of her clothes off and grabbed her nightgown. "You tempt me so much, Charlotte."

"Well, I am your slave." She yawned again. "Your concubine to do with as you wish."

"Why did you sleep on the window seat?" Caleb kissed her bare shoulder before slipping her nightgown over her head and then picked her up again, placing her in bed.

"Are you joining me?"

He smirked at her. "I planned to." He slipped off his own clothes before crawling in next to her and pulling her against him.

She snuggled up close with a sigh. This was the best dream she'd had in a long time. She was sure Caleb was actually in bed with the blond woman right now and not her.

"Charlotte," Caleb pulled her even closer, wrapping his arms around her. "Why did you skip all your meals today?"

"I was jealous." What could it hurt to tell him? This was a dream after all.

"Of what?" Caleb frowned. Why would she be jealous?

"The blond woman. I know I shouldn't be. It's not like I'm anything special to you, just a slave you can hump whenever you want even though you choose not to, but I'm still a person with feelings and I do get jealous. And today, I was jealous."

Caleb's eyebrows shot up at her choice of words. "where have you heard that term before?"

"Hmmm?"

If Caleb didn't know any better, he'd think she was drunk. "Humping."

"Book," came her curt reply. "I read books. Sometimes ones I probably shouldn't."

Caleb laughed at that. She was definitely amusing. "I'm not sure what blond woman you're talking about."

"The one you were with at breakfast," came her sleepy reply.

"My mother? The one who I was chatting with at breakfast?"

"That's your mother?"

"Yes." He laughed. "You definitely don't need to be jealous of her."

"Oh." She was quiet for a bit and Caleb smiled to himself. Jealous. She'd been jealous too. But he also felt bad that he was the cause of her missed meals.

"Caleb?"

"Yes?"

"Since I'm dreaming, and this is such a wonderful dream, and I know you don't really like me, can you just go ahead and hump me? If I'm forever your slave and you never do, I'll never get to experience it and I want to at least once before I die." Charlotte rambled. "Or at least in my dreams."

Caleb's eyes widened. She thought she was asleep? It explained why she'd been so candid with him. "Charlotte I don't dislike you."

"Are you sure?"

He smiled. "Yes, I'm sure. It's just complicated."

She sighed heavily. "Why are you here?"

"Because I'm selfish. I crave you, even though I can't have you." He muttered.

"But you do have me, Caleb. I belong to you. I'm your property." She sighed. "If that makes you selfish, then I guess I am too. You keep my nightmares away."

"What do you have nightmares about?"

"Things that happened," she whispered.

Caleb tensed. "Like what?" The men that had touched her in ways she shouldn't be touched?

"No. This is a happy dream. I can't tell you that. Are you going to hump me?" She asked sharply.

Caleb sighed. He wanted to. Desperately. His own wolf refused to talk to him because he refused to claim her. But it wasn't a good idea. "I can't."

"Can't or won't?"

She had him there. "It's not because I don't want to. It's just..."

"Complicated." She supplied.

"Yes. I wish it wasn't."

"Will you at least kiss me?" She looked up, meeting his gaze. "You've never given me a proper kiss."

He sucked in a small breath. "Yes." Caleb tipped her chin up and his lips met hers. Electricity exploded between them as they kissed and Caleb knew then that he was in trouble. He nipped at her lower lip and slid his tongue in when she opened it, exploring her mouth.

Kissing her was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before and he couldn't get enough. His hands traveled all over her, yanking up her nightgown so he could reach bare skin. He rolled her on her back and pulled off his own clothes as she watched him through lust filled eyes, and then, he was on her. 

***

An hour later, he lay on his back, staring at the ceiling. Charlotte was asleep now, her back against his side, though he still had his arm around her. Her head rested on his bicep.

Coitus with her had been unbelievably amazing. Caleb was no virgin himself, but nothing had ever been like this. He was a bit annoyed with himself for giving into his lust for her, and now that he'd had a taste, he'd never be satisfied. He wasn't quite sure what to do about that.

He didn't think Charlotte had expected it either. She had admitted she knew the basics, but she hadn't expected him to pay so much attention to every part of her body. He couldn't get enough of her. He was already contemplating waking her for more, but he knew she was exhausted and would probably be sore.

He'd started out gently, but it had been difficult to hold back and he'd probably been a bit too rough, not that she'd complained. She'd enjoyed it too.

Storm was still quiet in his mind, and he knew it was because his wolf was aware that he still had no intentions of marking her. While he might use her body occasionally, Charlotte would still never be his mate, his Luna or his queen. Storm would just have to let it go.

He thought back over everything he had just done with her and decided he needed her again. He wasn't satisfied. He pulled his arm free and rolled her onto her back, then dropped his head down to her neck. She could sleep later.