you can count on me

trigger warnings at the end of the oneshot

george groans loudly as he is awoken by the awful sound of the sidemen's christmas drillings. when it came out, and maybe for the few years following, he thought it was okay. now, however, he is not a fan.

he flails an arm out, blindly hitting at one of his husbands and pressing his face into the pillow when he hears both of them laugh at him. "i'm too old for this."

the music is paused, and the starting ring of a headache blissfully fades out.

a hand reaches for george's back, and he shivers at how cold the fingers are against his bare skin, which is currently being warmed under the duvet of their large bed. he shuffles away from the touch until he bumps into another body, one which he knows by scent to be sapnap, and curls into the ravenette. "dream is a bully," he whines.

sapnap giggles at the older man, running a hand through his thinning hair. sapnap and dream like to point out that some of them are going grey, but the brit refuses to acknowledge this. much like he refuses to stop calling himself british even though his accent has fully americanised since moving here in his twenties.

it's gotten to the point now where people don't often believe him when he says he's english. still, he refuses to call himself an american. americans suck (even if he is dating two).

"he may be a bully, hun, but you still have to get up," sapnap's soft voice trickles into the space. it's gone so rough and deep with age, emphasised even more so in the morning, and george feels drowsy with the weight of his gorgeous tone. "i forgot too, but rosie's coming over today."

george decides not to point out that he actually didn't forget, and that sapnap only forgot because he's had memory issues since they were teens that have only gotten worse with age. instead, he just hums.

of course he remembered rosie was coming over, how could he forget his own daughter?

she's dream and sapnap's daughter too, by law, but his by blood so he claims father's rights. they were never supposed to be her dads, he just moved here with her because he needed help, but then they all ended up falling in love and now here they are, many years on and still together, with rosie aged and moved out with a husband of her own.

oh, speaking of which, "harry is coming too, remember?"

he hears sapnap huff.

"i've wrapped both of their presents," dream says, disregarding sapnap's noise of complaint. "it's a shame they can't celebrate with us on actual christmas. it feels odd doing it so early."

"yeah, because harry is taking her to mexico. who goes on holiday at christmas?!"

george rolls his eyes even though they're still shut.

harry came into their life when rosie was six or seven, and the pair of children got 'married' on the school playground. back then, sapnap had demanded they divorce because 'you're too young for boyfriends. no dating until you're twenty-four'. his reaction when they actually started dating at sixteen was priceless, as he tried his absolute best to intimidate the brunette boy despite him already being taller.