Chapter 127

Thea travelled down the hall shortly after her interaction with Regulus. Since she had only taken a few gulps of her drink, all she got was a slight buzz, which she knew was the safe amount to take if she wanted to get buzzed but be alert at the same time.

As she was walking down the hallway towards the room they had conjured for their stay, Thea heard voices coming from a corner down the hall. The daughter of Zeus hid behind one of the pillars in the hall. She saw a few dark figures talking in hushed voices, in fear that someone would overhear them. Thea silently cast an incantation on her ear, which allowed her to listen in on the conversation.

"She's going to ruin our plans," an older voice growled.

"We won't let her. She's just an idiot that is going with the flow. She will be focused on the demigod world as soon as something happens there," another gruff voice added.

Thea suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder. It took her a split second to summon her knife and held it to the newcomer's neck. To her relief, it was only Matteo. Thea sighed quietly and put away her weapon, signaling her friend to stay quiet. He peered over her shoulder and saw the figures she was spying on. Thea silently cast the same spell, which allowed Matteo to listen.

"-about his son?" a woman's scratchy voice sounded.

"I'm not sure, but with her influence it can't be good."

"She's going to ruin everything for the Dark Lord!" Thea instantly recognized the voice of Bellatrix. She looked at Matteo, but he just looked at her and shook his head.

"Enough of that, Bellatrix," Lucius ordered sternly. "She's no match for the Dark Lord."

"We shouldn't be meeting like this, it's no longer safe now that she's here," Bellatrix said again. Following her statement, the clacking of heels was heard moving rapidly down the hall.

Thea quickly pulled Matteo back a good five meters and slung herself in a drunk manner on him. She opened the bottle of fire whiskey and took a few more gulps. Matteo knew exactly what she was doing and went along with her plan.

Matteo tried to get her to keep quiet as they walked forward, just as Bellatrix turned the corner. She froze in her spot when she spotted the pair slowly moving forward, as Thea was stumbling over thin air.

"What are you doing here?" Bellatrix asked icily, looking with disdain at the pair.

"We're on our way to our quarters," Matteo told the woman, who was looking at them suspiciously. "Thea had a little too much to drink, so I thought I'd help her back."

"How did she manage to sneak fire whiskey into Hogwarts anyways?" Bellatrix asked, genuinely interested.

"You learn not to question things when it comes to Thea," Matteo joked, but there was truth to his words. Bellatrix was looking suspiciously at the pair, before Matteo spoke up again. "What about you, why are you walking around in the middle of the night?"

Bellatrix stuttered a few times before she glared at the young man. "That's none of your business," she spat before storming away.

"Keep up the act, someone might be watching," Thea spoke in Matteo's head.

The pair kept up the act until they reached the portrait that sealed away the rooms of the demigods and the wizards from the future. Matteo quickly mumbled the password and helped Thea inside, where she instantly dropped the act. The pair rushed to the common area, where they found everyone sitting around the fire, having a good time. The moment the two entered the room looking frazzled, the mood shifted.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked, getting up from his place. He quickly looked over Thea, making sure she wasn't hurt.

"Something's going on. Something the involves the Dark Lord," she told the group, particularly her brother, Ron, and Hermione.

"Something like what?" Hermione asked, growing distressed.

"We don't know," Matteo answered, flopping down in his seat and burying his head in his hands. Luna gently patted his back, looking sadly at her friend. "I wish Theo was here," he mumbled so that only the blonde next to him could hear.

"What we know till now is that Bellatrix and Lucius are involved. Other than that, nothing is for certain," Thea leaned slightly into Percy's welcoming embrace. At that point, he was able to understand the girl's emotions the same way Grover understood his. He rubbed gentle circles on her back, hoping to calm her down.

"Let's get some rest, and we'll deal with this tomorrow," Annabeth suggested, seeing how distraught the wizards became. The majority mumbled in agreement before they coupled up and went to their respective rooms.

They didn't know what turmoil the following day would hold.

A/N

This is a mini filler chapter which will hopefully set the scene.

did you guys really think that nothing would happen to the group when they traveled back in time?