Chapter 115

Clarisse and Grover tried to charge him, but the monster swatted them aside like flies. Thea charged at the cyclops with all her might. She managed to get a few jabs, but the angry monster wasn't going to take it. With a force no one had seen before, Polyphemus swatted Thea, sending her flying over the ledge.

"No..." James said in shock, not processing what he had just witnessed.

Sirius clung onto Remus, who had gone pale as a ghost.

Regulus felt numb. It was the same feeling he felt when his brother left the Black family. The Potter girl had some magical hold on him, and Regulus couldn't understand why he was so intensely drawn to her and compelled to make sure that she was safe and taken care of.

Minerva covered her mouth, not letting her shocked gasp escape. Poppy rubbed her friend's back comfortingly, but she couldn't deny that she was anxious about the young girl's wellbeing. 

"No! Thea!" Percy called out, pained by the thought of his friend possibly not making it.

Strength and anger coursed through Percy's body. He raised his sword and attacked, forgetting that he was hopelessly outmatched. The son of Poseidon jabbed the Cyclops in the belly. When he doubled over he smacked him in the nose with the hilt of his sword. Percy slashed and kicked and bashed until Polyphemus was sprawled on his back, dazed and groaning, and he was standing above him, the tip of his sword hovering over his eye.

"How did he do that?"

"That was incredible!"

"Percy really is the strongest demigod out there!"

"Uhhhhhhhh," Polyphemus moaned.

"Percy!" Grover gasped. "How did you-"

"Please, noooo!" the Cyclops moaned, pitifully staring up at me. His nose was bleeding. A tear welled in the corner of his half-blind eye. "M-m-my sheepies need me. Only trying to protect my sheep!" the monster began to sob. That's when Percy realized that he had won.

"Kill him!" Clarisse yelled. "What are you waiting for?"

"The cyclops reminds him of Tyson..." Pandora said in a dreamy voice, which made many people look at her weirdly for what she had said.

"How does this monster remind him of Tyson?" some snobby kid asked, but Pandora just shrugged and looked back at the movie.

"Go check on Thea," Percy said, gritting his teeth, hating that it was a cyclops that had potentially ended the life of someone he cared so much about. When he looked back at the one eyes monster that was weeping, his heartbreak reminded him of his brother.

Pandora smiled, and people looked at her weirdly. Why would a nutcase be able to understand what was happening inside of Percy's mind.

"He's a Cyclops!" Grover warned. "Don't trust him!" Percy knew that there was some truth to his words, and that Annabeth would agree.

"Not everyone is the same," he heard Thea's voice speaking in his head.

"Is he remembering what Thea said or is Thea actually speaking to him?"

"If she's speaking to him it means she's not dead!"

"Do you lot actually believe that she's dead?" Marlene asked, offended.

"Everything is possible, Miss McKinnon," Dumbledore answered, his tone neutral.

"The movies are literally about her, I doubt it would be possible for her to die now and the movies to go on," Marlene noted. A lot of students nodded along, understanding the girl's point of view.