Chapter 10

Students were sitting in the transfiguration classroom, with a cat on the desk. The door burst open showing Harry and Ron rushing in. In the middle of the room, Hermione was seen rolling her eyes, while Thea, who was sat beside her, raised a brow at the pair, smirking. Ron looked around the classroom, sighing in relief.

"Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" In that moment, the cat jumped off the desk, transforming into Professor McGonagall. The two boys look a mixture of amazed and terrified.

"That was bloody brilliant, Professor!"

"Well done, Minnie!" the marauders cheered.

"That was bloody brilliant" Ron said in amazement.

"Oh, thank you for your assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I transfigure you Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time."

"We got lost."

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." With that the professor turned away and the boys took their seats.

At the mention of a map, the four Gryffindor boys shared a look, smirking. What they didn't acknowledge, was the fact that a grey-eyed Slytherin caught this exchange, peaking his curiosity.

The scene changed again, and the students were in potions class. The students in class were talking to each other softly. That peace was disrupted when the door burst open, and Professor Snape dramatically swooped in. His entrance caused the class to quiet down.

"A bit dramatic don't you think?" Sirius calls from across the hall.

The boy just rolled his eyes, turning away, when Rodolphus leaned in.

"I mean, he's got a point mate, that was really dramatic."

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect any of you to appreciate subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few...who possess the predisposition...I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensure the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper to death."

"That was a good speech Mr. Snape, well done" Professor Slughorn tolll the student.

Harry was shown writing down what the professor was saying, and Snape eyed him in an unsettling way. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough not to pay attention."

"He's literally writing down notes of what you said!"

Hermione nudged Harry, causing him to look up from his notes. Thea saw the way the professor was looking at her brother, causing her to stare blankly at him. He walked closer to the pair; it reached the point where it was uncomfortably close. "Mr. and Ms. Potter, our new celebrities. Tell me, what would I get if I add powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione instantly raised her hand, while Harry just shrugged "you don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me bezoar?" Hermione instantly raised her hand again.

"I don't know, sir" Harry answered.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything..."

"These aren't first year questions!"

"We didn't take that till third year!"