Chapter 87

Annabeth was waiting for the pair in an alley down Church Street. She pulled Tyson and Percy off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep.

"Where'd you find him?" she demanded, pointing at Tyson.

"Why is she being so harsh?"

"I thought they were friends now..."

"He's my friend," Percy told the glaring blonde.

"Is he homeless?"

"That's rude!"

"Why is she acting like that?"

"She wasn't that mean to Percy when she first met him!"

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised. "He can talk?"

"What's going on with her?"

"We've never seen her be so mean."

"I talk," Tyson admitted. "You are pretty."

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth stepped away from him.

Many frowned, not understanding why the young girl that had proven to be lovable was being extremely rude to someone she didn't even know.

"Tyson," Percy said in disbelief, while he looked at slightly scarred hands of his friend. "Your hands aren't even burned."

"Of course not," Annabeth muttered. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around."

Tyson seemed fascinated by Annabeth's blonde hair. He tried to touch it, but she smacked his hand away.

"Annabeth," Percy said, confused. "What are you talking about? Laistry-what?"

Sirius chuckled, looking at James, who glared jokingly at his best friend.

"Laistrygonians. The monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north. Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them as far south as New York before."

"Laistry-I can't even say that. What would you call them in English?"

"Did he not hear the monsters tell them what their name was?"

"His clueless behavior is getting on my nerves," Regulus mumbled, visibly annoyed by the young boy.

She thought about it for a moment. "Canadians," she decided. "Now come on, we have to get out of here."

"The police'll be after me."

"That's the least of our problems," she said. "Have you been having the dreams? Did you get a letter from Thea?"

"So that's who Thea wrote to when she ran into Draco in the Astronomy tower," Narcissa said in awe.

"The dreams ... about Grover? And what letter?"

Her face turned pale. "Grover? No, what about Grover?"

He told her his dream. "Why? What were you dreaming about?"

Her eyes looked stormy, like her mind was racing a million miles an hour. "Camp," she said at last. "Big trouble at camp."

"My mom was saying the same thing! But what kind of trouble?"

"Something related to Thalia," James said in realization.

"Yup," Remus said in realization.