Chapter 72

The scene whirled, the darkness became complete, the siblings felt as if they were falling before, they came back to and they were right where they were before the entire memory. He turned to Thea, looking extremely pale and angered.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago," Harry said sharply.

"Don't jump to conclusions, Harry," Thea scolded.

"She's right. Harry does have a tendency to jump to conclusions about everything," Remus said quietly trying to avoid the anger of a certain redhead.

"But-"

"Hagrid is our friend and he's been nothing but helpful and caring. Do you really think that Hagrid would kill someone?" Harry stayed quiet. She reached down and took the journal from the table. "This is going to stay with me until we have some kind of answer."

"Wise one, that girl," Melania said under her breath, smirking at the screen.

The scene changed showing Thea walking to her room to pack her Quidditch bag. When she entered a gasp left her lips. The contents of her trunk had been thrown everywhere; her cloak laid ripped on the floor. The bedclothes had been pulled off the bed and the draws had been pulled out of the bedside cabinet; the contents strewn over the mattress. There was scratching and meowing coming from one of the wardrobes that the girls used. When she opened it, Nyx came out hissing and growling angrily before running out of the room. Thea looked around the room, only to find the semi-loose tile beside her bed completely removed, and the diary missing.

"Someone broke into her room?"

"How were they able to find the diary?"

A loud gasp came from the room door where Hermione stood, her hand slapped over her mouth, her eyes wide in horror. "What happened?"

"What does it look like, Hermione?" Andromeda answered in a sassy way, annoyed at what had happened to the young Potter girl.

"No idea," Thea sighed while she watched her friend look at her robes in horror. "Tom's diary is gone."

"What?" Hermione whisper screamed. "But...only a Gryffindor could have stolen...nobody else knows the password..."

"Exactly" Thea said, looking deep in thought. "And only a girl can get into our dormitories..."

Regulus' eyes widened at the girl's precision, having overlooked that detail himself. The young Potter kept surprising him as the movies moved forward.

The scene changed showing the Gryffindor team walking out of the locker room, led by an excited looking Oliver Wood. They were ready to play their match against Hufflepuff.

"Perfect Quidditch conditions!" the older boy said enthusiastically

The teams walked onto the field to tumultuous applause. Oliver took off for a warm-up flight around the goalposts; Madam Hooch released the balls. The Hufflepuffs, who played in canary yellow, were standing in a huddle, having a last-minute discussion of tactics. Thea was stretching beside Harry who was just mounting his broom when Professor McGonagall came half marching, half running across the pitch, carrying an enormous purple megaphone.

"This doesn't look good," Peter whispered worriedly.

"This match has been canceled," Professor McGonagall called through the megaphone, addressing the packed stadium. There were boos and shouts. Oliver, looking devastated, landed and ran toward Professor McGonagall without getting off his broomstick.

The Quidditch fans were in uproar, some even turning to the professor herself and demanding an explanation.

"That's enough!" Alistor Moody yelled, startling everyone. The Quidditch lovers slowly sank back down in their seats as the auror glared at each and every one of them.