Chapter 27

"Shall we watch the second movie, or would you rather watch only one?" Dumbledore asked the hall.

"I think watching two per day would be a good idea, Albus." The minister of magic told the headmaster.

"Very well, then. Mister Tonks, would you please put the next film." Dumbledore asked and Ted agreed.

The scene showed the title of the movie:

Lightning Thief

Camp Hal-Blood sat upon a hill, guarded by a pine tree. The home of the sons and daughters of the Greek gods and goddesses, to harness and learn more about the abilities bestowed upon them at birth. The scene swooped in over the campgrounds showing what different activities the kids were doing. The scene zoomed in on Annabeth dragging Thea towards the arena.

"Honestly, Beth, just because I haven't trained as much as I usually do, doesn't mean I can't fight anymore" Thea groaned.

"Oh, come on! You never say no to sparring with Luke!"

"Who's Luke? No boy!" James screamed at the screen. His mother rolled her eyes while his father and friends nodded their heads in agreement.

Thea stopped dead in her tracks, whirling around facing her best friend "darling that should have been your opening line! Let's go, come on!" with that Thea practically ran to the arena where a blond boy was standing, hitting a sparring dummy. "How about we make this a bit more challenging and have the best swordswoman in camp teach you how it's done." At the sound of her voice, he turned around, smirking.

"By all means, but I'm afraid a year without training for you means that I now get the title of best swordsman."

"Oh, you can keep dreaming about it, love. But go ahead, dethrone me, I'd like to see you try."

The two cleared the arena and got their swords and armors ready. A crowd had already formed. Everyone knew that the Luke and Thea sparring sessions were legendary. The pair got into their stance and within a second, the sound of swords clashing, and cheering was the only thing heard across the arena.

Luke attempted to take a jab at Thea's stomach, she skillfully dodges it, while swiping his chest. He narrowly missed the blade, by leaning back, causing him to lift his foot off the ground ever so slightly. Thea smirked in triumph, knowing that she had gotten him where she wanted. The older boy looked confused at the look of triumph on her face, until he got disarmed and landed on the ground with a loud grunt."

"Merlin, she's good."

"Lesson number one, Lukey, always keep both feet on the ground at all times."

She slid his sword over to him waiting for him to get in stance. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins. The boy moved swiftly, taking a swing at her which she easily blocked. She parried the move, sending one of her own as the tip of her blade grazed his face, causing him to lean back yet again. The girl moved quickly, using her small height to her advantage. Luke nearly missed a swing towards his arm, blocking it as he watched Thea's face form a smug smirk.

People in the hall started cheering for the girl, once again, impressed by her skill and power.

Some of the older students even started placing bets on who would win. The majority of the bets went towards Luke, assuming that he was going easy on the young girl.

Luke grew annoyed, putting more aggression behind his attacks, pushing the girl as far back as he could before her strength pushed against his own. She swiped his legs out from under him, but the boy hopped over her own. Luke seemed extremely smug that he was able to dodge her attack, she countered his smug look with a blank face, knowing that he was going to get it this time. She jumped high, kicking the boy's hand as he cried out. Luke instantly dropped his weapon, and the girl took the opportunity to kick his stomach, as she grabbed his sword in her other hand.

The cheers coming from the hall were deafening. The Aurors were impressed at how skilled she was.

Bellatrix was in awe at the girl, not comprehending how this little girl could take down the nineteen-year-old boy.

Regulus, along with other boys in the hall, stared at the girl with adoration, some even drooling over her skill and dedication. It was obvious that this girl had captured the hearts of many.

The people who had bet against her had started grumbling and regretting their decisions.

One leg was pressing down on his, a sword was pointed at his neck while the other was pointed at his stomach. In this positing, he had no choice but to surrender, and that's what he did. The cheering in the arena grew before people started filing out, knowing that the show was over. Thea willed her sword to form back into her necklace while she handed Luke his sword. A frown was evident on the boy's features when he took the sword from her hold. She nudged him, a playful and teasing smile on her features.

"Maybe you'll get it next time, but I truly doubt it." with that, she sent him a last teasing smile, and went to meet up with Annabeth, who had been watching Luke dreamily. "Beth, you really need to find a new crush, because Luke is way too old for you right now. At least wait until you're older. I mean, it's not even legal right now" Thea shrugged, while Annabeth's face turned a bright shade of red.

"Ooh, Annabeth has a crush" Marlene sang.

"I don't blame her, have you seen him?"

"Absolutely gorgeous, that boy."

Whispers and giggles came from the girls in the hall, all admiring how good-looking Luke was, much to the boys' dismay.

"Shut up that's not true." Thea just hummed in response. Annabeth dragged her back to her cabin, where the two started to unpack Thea's trunk. "Something happened after the winter solstice. When we got back from Olympus the weather was really weird, and it has been ever since." Thea looked up at her friend, frowning, but signaling her to continue talking. "I overheard the Satyrs and Chiron talking about something happening on the summer solstice. A few days after that, Chiron left camp to help with an extraction mission. I think he suspects that he's the other one, but we can't be sure."

"Oh! I love drama!"

"What does she mean when she says other one?"

Thea looked deep in thought for a few seconds before answering. "The weather has been weird, even in Scotland. I don't know how I feel about the other one getting here, it worries me to be honest. The fate of Olympus rests within our hands. One wrong move could cost us everything, and I don't think I'm ready for such responsibility yet."

People in the hall looked slightly taken aback by Thea's vulnerability. With what she had gone through, people forgot that the girl is twelve years old.

James and Lily's hearts broke, wishing that they could prevent the girl from having so many responsibilities, but that was demigod business, which they couldn't get involved in.

Regulus was mad. Why would they put so much pressure on such a young girl? Why can't someone else take over?

Annabeth sat down on the bed, patting the spot next to her for Thea to sit, when she did, she wrapped her in her arms, holding her tightly. "I don't think the fates could have picked anyone better than you to save Olympus when the times comes. You're the strongest person I know, both physically and mentally. I trust you."

Thea smiled at her friend's comforting words hugging her back just as tightly.

People cooed and awed at the relationship that the girls had, happy that Thea had someone to support her when she needed it.