10K Special

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS!!!

I honestly am so grateful for each and every one of you lovely readers. Anyways, I feel like you need a bit more of Marauders processing what's happening, sooooo:

~~~~~

"Wait!" James' voice rang in the hall, instantly causing the movie to stop. The Potter boy, looking extremely distraught, turned to Dumbledore. "Can we take a small break before we continue the movie? Please?" he pleaded.

The headmaster looked around the hall, before nodding. "We shall take a small break before we resume the story of the Potter children." 

James didn't hesitate to run out of the room, looking extremely pale. worriedly, his family and friends rushed behind him, worried about the young boy's state. When the group stepped out of the hall, they were all looking frantically for the boy, no one being able to find him. Through all the chaos, no one noticed the grey eyed Slytherin making his way to the Astronomy tower.

The door of the Astronomy tower cracked open, which caused James to sharply glare at the newcomer.

"Relax, it's just me," Regulus said to a crying James. He slowly stepped closer to the boy, worried that he would reject his attempt at comforting. Regulus gently brought his hand up and whipped a few tears off of James' cheeks. "They're going to be alright, you know. They're both very strong and very much like you," he said with a small chuckle.

"Why are you being nice to me? Why now? Why after everything that happened last year?" James asked, stepping away from the boy.

"You knew it had to be done," Regulus sighed sadly, also taking a step away from the Gryffindor. "But I'm not here to talk about that. What's going on with you?" 

James was quiet for a moment before he burst into tears again. Regulus didn't hesitate to take the older boy into his arms and started rubbing his back comfortingly. 

"They're just children," James cried. Regulus kept rubbing his back, listening to the boy's cries. "And we died! I wasn't there for my children!" James' cries turned into sobs and a stain of tears had formed on the Slytherin's shirt. Throughout the entire thing, Regulus did nothing mire than comforting the crying boy.

"You have a chance to make things better this time around, James," Regulus whispered when the boy's cries had died down slightly. "Marry Lily, have Thea and Harry, live happily ever after with them and your friends."

"We're on opposite sides of this war, Reg," James said sadly. "For me to have that, it would mean that you would have to be dead or locked up in Azkaban." 

Regulus shook his head sadly. "I'm doing what I have to do. Leaving wasn't an option for me, but I promise you that this time around, I will do what I can to help you and your family."

"Thank you, Reg." James sniffled, looking deeply into the boy's eyes.

"You don't have to thank me," Regulus answered quietly. he finally untangled himself from his former lover and stepped back, creating space between the two. "You should go back, your family is looking for you." With that, the Slytherin boy left the Astronomy tower.

James quickly pulled himself together, whipped his face, and went to the courtyard, where he knew everyone would be sitting worriedly waiting for him. When Euphemia saw her son walking down the hallway that led to the courtyard, she didn't think twice when it came to running up to him and hugging him. The boy smiled up to his mother and walked back with her to a worried looking group.

"Are you alright Prongs?" Sirius asked his friend quietly. James gave him a reassuring smile that eased some of his worries.

"I don't like the idea that Lily and I died leaving the kids with assholes like the Dursleys. I don't like the fact that Thea had to go through hell to get to a place that's considered safe for demigods." He paused and took a deep breath. "Thea's a demigod. Somehow I have a child with Zeus!" James semi panicked.

"James-"

"No! I need to process this!" he answered sharply, not bothering to check who was the one talking. "Both my kids have strong wands that relate them to you-know-who, and they're famous for somehow defeating him. Thea has access to one of the most ancient volts at Gringotts and she got attacked by a monster when she was picking out Nyx." James took a deep breath, closing his eyes momentarily. "They both got sorted into Gryffindor, but Thea was eligible for eery house. They both made the Gryffindor team in their first year. Now, Thea and Hermione are in the bathroom, unaware that there is a troll loose in the castle." James said all of that in one breath.

Everyone looked at James sadly, not knowing what to say. Lily looked slightly uncomfortable at the fact that he was showing more concern for Thea's wellbeing instead of their son. That got her thinking... what would it have been like to live with James, their child, and James' child?

"I think it would be best if we went and continued watching the movies," Euphemia said as she stepped closer to her son and put her hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "If we watch the movies, we'll be able to understand the reality of their lives and what they went through."

James looked thoughtful for a second before nodding. Not daring to shatter the false sense of potential peace, no one spoke a word on the way back to the Great Hall.

Everyone took their original seats, visibly less stressed than they had been before the break.

"Let's continue, then," Dumbledore said. With a wave of his wand, the screen reappeared and the movie started playing from where they had left off.