Chapter 117

"Dive!" Percy told Tyson. And as another rock sailed over their heads, they plunged underwater.

The demigods were sinking fast but were unsuccessfully trying to swim to the surface. When a ship goes down, it acts like a sinkhole, pulling down everything around it. Clarisse was a strong swimmer, but even she wasn't making any progress. Grover frantically kicked with his hooves. Annabeth was hanging on to the Fleece, which flashed in the water like a wave of new pennies.

Everyone was sitting at the edge of their seats, hoping that the group would be saved.

Marlene clutched Mary's hand, chanting prayers silently, wishing for their safe return.

Percy swam toward them, knowing that he might not have the strength to pull his friends out. Worse, pieces of timber were swirling around them; none of Percy's power with water would help if he got whacked on the head by a beam.

"We need help," Percy thought.

"Yes," Tyson's voice agreed, loud and clear in his head. Percy looked over at him, startled. "Rainbow," Tyson said.

Percy nodded, then closed his eyes and concentrated, adding his voice to Tyson's: "RAINBOW! We need you!"

Immediately, shapes shimmered in the darkness below-three horses with fish tails, galloping upward faster than dolphins. Rainbow and his friends glanced in the direction of the sons of Poseidon and seemed to read their thoughts. They whisked into the wreckage, and a moment later burst upward in a cloud of bubbles-Grover, Annabeth, and Clarisse each clinging to the neck of a hippocampus.

Many students cheered happily for the safe rescue of the ship passengers. In addition to that, many cheered for the creativeness of Tyson.

Rainbow, the largest, had Clarisse. He raced over to the pair and allowed Tyson to grab hold of his mane. His friend did the same for Percy, while Grover and Annabeth shared a hippocampus. They broke the surface of the water and raced away from Polyphemus's Island. Before they got too far, Percy steered his hippocampus towards the island.

"What are you doing?" Annabeth whisper shouted.

"He's going back for Thea!" Marlene squealed again.

James rolled his eyes, but there was no denying that he was glad that Percy hadn't left his daughter stranded on an island in the sea of Monsters.

"I did it! I finally sank Nobody!" Polyphemus cheered.

"We're not leaving without Thea," Percy said firmly, which made Annabeth's face drop. She looked around the hippocampi and noticed that her best friend was missing.

As they got closer to the island, they were able to see Thea creeping in the higher branches of the trees near the spot where the cyclops was celebrating. Without a moment of hesitation, Thea leaped off of the tree and clung onto the monster.

"Crazy girl," Regulus shook his head desperately.

Skillfully avoiding his attempts to swat her away, Thea managed to climb all the up to his head. At that point, the daughter of Zeus was fueled with anger. She clung onto the few hairs that Polyphemus had remaining on his head.

Thea summoned her sword and took a deep breath. The air around her radiated with static electrify. She raised her sword, and a massive bolt of lightning struck it just as she pierced the cyclops' eye with her sword. The monster let out one last roar before he burst into a cloud of gold dust.

"She got her powers back?"

"That was bloody amazing!"

"She's so powerful."