(Chapter 7) Second Chance Part 4

I heard the muffled cry of the angel as my sword cleaved through its armor. After falling to its knees, his body was enveloped in light before vanishing.

[You have defeated an enemy]

[You have leveled up]

Wiping the sweat off my brow, I took a moment to calm down. It's been three days since I started climbing the tower again in order to train for the upcoming rating game. I had made good progress, and even managed to hit the 10th floor just now.

"If I want to clear this quest in time for the rating game, I need to clear at least three floors a day. And while I've been managing that so far, it's getting tougher. Balancing my school work and tower climbing has been rough." I opened my inventory and grabbed one of the many water bottles I had stored in here to drink.

Feeling the cold liquid run down my throat helped relax me some. With my body revitalized, I leaned up against the wall and opened my status window.

Name: Issei Hyoudou/(Y/N) (L/N) Title: Red Dragon Emperor

Race: Human

Level: 25

STR: 58 (+10)

AGI: 28 (+10)

VIT: 10(1,000) (+10) (2,000)

INT: 97 (10,075) (+10) (10,300)

SEN: 7 (+10)

AP: 17

Special trait: Anti-demonic 15%

"I never thought I'd see numbers like this when I first awoke the system. The way to increase my stats was weird at first, but I'm finally making the progress I've always wanted to make." A sense of pride welled up in me as I started stretching my legs so as to not get a cramp.

"Maybe it's time I spend some of the AP I've built up? I've been holding onto them for a while now since all my fights have been one on one so far, but the higher up I go, the tougher the angels seem to get." Thanks to their chivalrous nature, the angels only fought me one at a time, but once I hit the 10th floor, their strength greatly increased. Not only that, but I've come across angels with new attack patterns.

"At the start they only had swords, but now some are fighting at long distance with light spears, while others use magic. I need to change some of my stats...but which ones?"

I stared at my status screen, deep in thought about the next move I should make. First things first, Intelligence is off the list. Right now that is my highest level stat, and will only continue to grow as time goes on. As long as I keep focused on my school studies it'll grow on its own.

"Then that leaves Strength, Agility, Vitality and Sense...actually wait. Strength is pretty high in its own regard, so maybe I don't need to pay as much attention to it?" While it's not as high as INT, STR is without a doubt my second highest stat. I can maybe put a few points into it, but nothing too crazy.

After my fight with Raynare and Freed, I realized how important having a stat you specialize in and can fully utilize is a good boon, but I also learned how useful my other stats are. Sense can help me pick up on enemies I can't see, and even help me eavesdrop on conversations from far away. Agility helps with evasion and how I perceive the world. I can react with superhuman speed and avoid attacks all together or counter them. And Vitality helps on the off chance I do get hit. If it's high enough the enemy might not even be able to budge me. Plus, having more health is always a good thing.

"If that's the case...I should focus on raising the stats I neglected until now."

I'll add two points to Strength in order to round it out, and give the rest to my other stats.