(Chapter 6) All Human Part 1

Your POV

My chest heaved as I tried calming my breathing. My eyes were glued to my hands as the fresh sensation of killing someone lingered in them.

"I killed them..." I muttered to myself. I didn't even need to question whether they were alive or not, the system already confirmed it for me.

I looked over to their mangled corpses, but quickly averted my gaze by shaking my head.

"Now's not the time to get caught up in that. I still need to storm the church and get Asia out." I slapped my face a few times to get myself focused once more. Before I entered the building, I took inventory of what I had available.

I already know my wooden katana is nearly about to break, so I need to be careful about when I should use it. But that isn't the only thing I need to worry about right now.

I raised my left forearm up to meet my gaze, and a smaller window popped up.

Boost remaining: [1/2]

"Tch. I ended up using one of them in that last fight..." I wanted to try and reserve these for my fight with Raynare, or any other struggle I may have come across, but now I couldn't afford to waste this last one.

"I've only got one left in the tank. I better preserve it." With my mind renewed of my inventory and what I had left to use, I forcibly opened up the church doors once more.

The same dust filled walkway greeted me, along with the giant monument of the dilapidated cross hanging over me. The only difference this time was that Freed was currently sitting on it.

"Well well well, looks like boss Raynare was right. The lil' pissant did come back." Freed flashed me his signature crazed grin before hopping down from the structure.

His heavy footsteps created a cloud of dust as the wood groaned underneath his weight.

"Come to die, have you?"

"I came to get Asia back."

"Ohh, that's a nice joke. What happened to the fallen Angels outside?"

"I killed them."

Freed went silent before bursting out in laughter. He held the sides of his stomachs before looking back up to me.

"You? Killed three fallen angels?! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in awhile! Give me a break here kid, you're killing me!" He continued his gut busting for some time before calming himself down.

"Ok, enough playing around. If my darling guardian fallen angels would be so kind as to remove this garbage from the premises!" He shouted, asking for the trio of fallen angels to get rid of me, but all he was met with was the silent, cold night air.

"Helloooo?" He called to them again, and was met with nothing.

His face was slowly changing from amusement, to understanding of his situation. It was then that he started to get the picture.

"Holy shit, you actually killed them." His deranged smile returned to his face before he reached into his overcoat to grab out his weapons. A gun and light sword were in hand as he laughed maniacally.

"Well that's just great! Now I have even more of a reason to fucking murder you!" His gun was aimed directly at me before the trigger got pulled. Thanks to my increased Agility stat, I could clearly see the bullet leave the chamber in a barrel of fire. My perception was much greater than it was before.

I raised my left arm in time to block against the bullet by using the Boosted Gear as a make-shift shield. He continued to rain bullets on me, but the armor covering my left arm was more than enough to deflect them.