005

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
THE DEEP ATTRACTION

Now playing
Always on time by Ja Rule & Ashanti

"Baby, I'm not always there when you call, But I'm always on time."

SAMIR MONTGOMERYSEPTEMBER 16th, 2007SUNDAY, 8:26 pm

SAMIR MONTGOMERY
SEPTEMBER 16th, 2007
SUNDAY, 8:26 pm

THE SOUND OF silver ware clinking against glass plates were the only noises being made throughout the entire dining room area as Samir, Kyaire, kyree, kamaria, Simone and Aaron sat around the table together.

This was the first real dinner they were having together with Samir home. They felt it had been a week since he had true chance to get settled in, so Simone and Aaron figured to eat together finally.

They also knew Samir may have been a little confused about the concept of their relationship so they wanted to make it clear they were together, not too complicating.

Simone had made ribs, Mac and cheese, collard greens and peach cobbler so it was safe to say everyone was quiet for a good reason, they were stuffing their face.

One thing Simone could do was throw down in the kitchen, she had been cooking since she was nine years old, and she even had dreams of being a cook one day but getting pregnant at a early age put her life on hold and she never got back to it.

Samir just watched everybody eat, no one saying a word instead focusing on their food. He just wasn't hungry, he hadn't been in a good mood all day.

He hated to say that kamaria soured his mood but she did. He couldn't stop thinking about yesterday at the water park when he found her talking to a grown man almost in his twenties.

From the responses she gave him, to him it did seem like she saw no problem with it and that bothered him because he saw a problem. It made him wonder if that's what she went for, not because he wanted her but because she was still a kid—to him at least.

Sixteen wasn't grown at all. He didn't like the idea of her being into men with such a big age gap, it was dangerous. He liked to keep her out of danger, so it was a risky game she was playing.

"Why everybody so quiet." Aaron spoke his sons exact thoughts, using a napkin to wipe the barbecue sauce off the sides of his face from the ribs.

"I'm just thinking." Samir swallowed the lump in his throat, telling the truth. He had a lot of stuff mind that he was thinking about, but the silence made it no better as it gave him a clean slate to over think making it worse.