002

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
THE DEEP ATTRACTION

Now playing
How you gonna act like that by Tyrese

"How you gonna up and leave me now? How you gonna act like that?"

SAMIR MONTGOMERY
SEPTEMBER 8th, 2007
SATURDAY, 8:13 pm

SAMIR COULDN'T WIPE the smile from his face as he sat in the passenger seat of his best friends black Chevrolet el camino. They had been driving for a total of two hours since the juvenile detention center he was released from was a distance from his home neighborhood.

He hadn't said much but he felt so much relief finally being released after three and a half years. He could've never seen himself in this position a few years ago when he was just a kid.

After doing his time he felt like the person he used to be was gone. He wasn't the same, he had toughened up tremendously. His mindset had changed, he had hit puberty, his hair grew, his voice was deeper, it was just so much stuff that was different about him.

People would've thought the life changing event would knocked some sense into him but really after his recovery it boosted his ego. Not a lot of people could go around saying they survived a shot to the chest.

"What's on yo mind nigga. You ain't sayin much of anything, I thought you would be more happy now." Kyaire spoke as he finally turned into childs park.

Samir let his eyes look all around seeing how pretty much nothing about his home had changed. Kyaire thought maybe he could get Samir talking before they actually got out, since it had been two hours in the car and they said pretty much nothing.

Samir licked his lips running his fingers through his hair. "Ion really got shit to say. I'm trynna see what it is, you feel me? Let me know what it is." He looked to his left as Kyaire drove with one hand.

"Nothin much for real. Zayden still got a few months, I been coolin. Practicing riding my bike and shit." He referred to his dirt bike. Samir smiled, he was happy he would able do things like that again. He had a passion for that.

"Damn man, zay ass stay in trouble wasnt he just out three months ago?" He questioned and Kyaire nodded his head. Their third friend stayed in trouble the most, Kyaire was way more sneaky about what he did in the streets because his parents did not play.

He was cautious, zay was reckless. He was happy that Samir was out because he was by his self without his two day ones. It was sad because when zay got locked up that's when Samir got released.