The Great Change

"If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun"

-Katherine Hepburn-

   Of course I was running late on my first day. I had spent the morning stuck in my head for far too long. I wasn't surprised that most of the common room was empty. I'm sure Ominis and Imelda had headed to the Great Hall and I would meet them there. I quickly got there by jogging most of the way. As I got there I saw all my friends at the Gryffindor table. It was not required to sit with your house for anything but dinner. I scanned the room and my eye caught Sebastian sitting alone at the Slytherin table. I almost blushed again thinking of my dream but I was interrupted by Andrew calling my name grabbing my attention. As soon as he said my name I felt Sebastian's eyes on me. I sighed knowing the chaos I was about to bring to myself. I felt a voice deep inside me remind me how powerful I was. My magic was stirring and I decided to follow this new path.

   I put my finger up to Andrew and my friends to let them know I'd be there in one minute. All of their eyes were glued to me and then I felt them widen as I turned my body towards the Slytherin table. I could feel the hairs on my neck stick up with anxiety when the whispers started. It seemed time stopped in the whole room as I sat next to Sebastian, straddling the bench of the long table. The room's volume almost ceased as I sat next to him and said,

   "Hi!"

   He looked almost shocked as everyone else was, not only was I sitting next to him, but acknowledging him publicly.

   "Hey you, what can I do for you today?" He said coyly. I could tell he was nervous but also excited and trying to stifle his happiness.

   I was becoming fully aware that I was in charge of our interactions. The once confident and cocky Slytherin was now a nervous wreck and you can call it spiteful, but I enjoyed messing with him. I took off my robe and put it next to me on the table knowing my uniform was a bit tight. I felt his eyes scanning me as I reached over him to grab a small sesame muffin. I loved watching him squirm when I got close to him.

   I then spoke in a soft voice "Well, since we are friends, at least this year, I'm having a party tonight. It's an annual thing I started last year...would you like to come?"

   His mouth was slightly agape, and I couldn't help but giggle a little which seemed to make him even more nervous.

   "I would love to. That sounds like a good time." he responded, his eyes glued to me. I slowly bit into my muffin and chewed slowly like it was the best muffin I had ever tasted. I could see his cheeks turn red and I was more emboldened. After I finished it I met his eyes, making my own eyes as big as possible.

   "Oh, it is! I'm glad you'll attend..." I wanted to push him a little more, I didn't care who was looking. I was like a cat playing with her food. I put my hand on his shoulder and leaned in to say, "Look for my owl" I smirked and innocently smiled at him before I shot up quickly, grabbed my robes, threw them on and walked away. I didn't look back to see his reaction, to be honest I didn't care. This was about me. I was that powerful. I decided I was going to head to class rather than face my friends right now. Drunk on this feeling of strength, I looked in their direction of shocked faces and waved the tips of my fingers as I left. I felt invincible as I strutted out of the Great Hall. I felt my inner magic almost purring at me. I liked this new me.

Imelda POV

   "What the hell is happening?" I was in complete and utter shock as was everyone else in the whole Great Hall. It was very well known how much Sebastian and M/C hated each other last year. So to see her strutting over to talk to him...and he was responding? All of us, excluding Ominis for obvious reasons, let out an audible gasp. Ominis, sensing the mood changing, asked what was going on. I couldn't speak because I had no idea. Natty broke the tension.