Chapter 33: Sports Day

Winter and Heejin sat together, their breath visible in the chilly winter air.

Winter sighed, her breath forming a mist. "Something's weird about Ryujin, right?"

Heejin tilted her head, her eyes narrowing. "She's always been weird."

"That's not what I mean," Winter replied, her voice low.

Heejin furrowed her brow. "So what about it?"

Winter hesitated for a moment before speaking softly, "I don't know. I just feel like she's pushing Yeji towards me."

Heejin leaned in closer, a knowing smile playing on her lips. "Maybe because, just like me, she knows that you like Yeji."

Winter's cheeks flushed, and she shot a sharp glare at Heejin. "No, I don't like her."

Heejin chuckled, her tone teasing. "Enough with the lying, Winter. I'm done with that. We both know you like her."

Winter clenched her fists, her frustration building. "Shut up."

With that, Winter abruptly stood up and walked away, leaving Heejin behind with a mischievous grin.

Morning sunlight bathed Velvet Haven University in a warm, golden glow. The campus buzzed with excitement as students and athletes prepared for a day filled with sports and competitions.

Banners fluttered in the breeze, and the sound of cheering and laughter echoed through the air.

Yeji wandered through the lively scene, taking in the colorful tents representing various sports clubs and teams. There were students practicing archery, racing on the track, and demonstrating martial arts moves.

The scent of food stalls wafted through the air, tempting everyone with delicious treats.

Spotting Soobin in the midst of the commotion, Yeji approached her with a friendly smile. "Morning, Soobin."

Soobin returned the smile. "Good morning to you too. You couldn't slap me for this, but I forgot what your sport is."

Yeji chuckled. "Well, you can't remember anything because I actually don't have any sports."

They both laughed, enjoying the camaraderie of the day. Just then, Yuna and Chaeryeong joined them, Yuna playfully draping her arms around Yeji.

"So, Yeji, what's your sport for today?" Yuna asked with curiosity.

Yeji replied with a shrug, "I was just telling Soobin that I have no sports."

Yuna burst into laughter. "That's alright. You can just be our cheerleader then."

Yeji grinned, appreciating the suggestion. "Sounds like a plan. What's your sport, Yuna?"

Yuna proudly declared, "It's floorball."

Yeji, Soobin, and Chaeryeong all reacted with awe, "Wow."

Yuna beamed. "Yeah, I'm great at it."

As the conversation continued, Yuna's thoughts drifted to Ryujin. "I'm wondering, will Ryujin join the swimming competition today?"

Yeji's gaze turned distant as she contemplated Yuna's question. "I remember you telling us that she's a pro at swimming

"Yes, she is, but she never joined for so long. I mean, her ex is back; maybe she'll join once again." Yuna explains

Chaeryeong chimed in, her voice filled with sincerity. "If she comes back for swimming, I'm sure her ex is not the reason for that."

Yeji met Chaeryeong's gaze, her thoughts dwelling on the possibility of Ryujin's return to the swimming competition.