twenty four 🌟

Seokjin studied the side profile of his husband, puzzled by his words.

Namjoon let out a deep sigh before rising from the bed.

"Let's continue this conversation outside," he suggested, nodding toward the balcony. Seokjin trailed after him, his curiosity piqued.

Even though Namjoon admitted to deceiving him since they first met, Seokjin couldn't summon any disdain toward him. He had harbored feelings for Namjoon for so long that he found it impossible to harbor any hatred, not in this lifetime.

They reached the balcony, it was spacious and inviting, adorned with a comfortable-looking sofa and plush cushions.

Namjoon settled onto the sofa and motioned for Jin to join him, patting the space beside him. Jin obeyed without a word, his curiosity gnawing at him, eager to uncover the meaning behind Namjoon's earlier admission.

"I'll explain everything, but please, promise me you won't walk away." Namjoon's request came as he ran his fingers through his dark locks, visibly trembling with fear.

Seokjin instinctively moved to sit in Namjoon's lap, providing him with a reassuring presence.

Namjoon took a moment to gather his thoughts, inhaling deeply before speaking.

"When we first met, I wasn't truthful about working in my dad's company," Namjoon confessed, his hand finding its place around Jin's waist.

"I'm not who you think I am." Namjoon's fingers trailed gently along Jin's waist as he spoke, finding solace in the familiar gesture.

"What do you mean?" Seokjin inquired, genuine curiosity evident in his tone.

"I'm actually an undercover police officer," Namjoon revealed, feeling Jin's body tense in his lap.

"At the time we met, I was on a highly sensitive mission and wasn't permitted to disclose my true identity to anyone," Namjoon explained, a mixture of relief and apprehension washing over him as he finally divulged the truth to Jin, something he had kept from him before.

"The mission reached its peak five years ago, and we had to go completely off the grid," Namjoon sighed, memories of the intense times flooding back to him.

Seokjin remained silent, simply listening intently to Namjoon's words.

"That's why I left you. We had to disappear from our families and loved ones," Namjoon explained. Seokjin's initial surprise gave way to fear, then shock, and now regret settled in his heart.

"No one knew where we were, not even our parents," Namjoon added with another sigh.

"And when the mission finally succeeded, we returned to our families," Namjoon concluded.

"I apologize, Jin. I lied to you about this significant aspect of my life, but I felt I had no other choice. I couldn't willingly leave you, and you understand that," Namjoon maintained eye contact with Jin's tear-filled gaze.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you," Namjoon sighed once more, growing increasingly concerned by Jin's lack of response.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry," Seokjin interjected abruptly. How could someone be so devoted to their country? Namjoon, is truly something else.

Namjoon regarded him with confusion as Jin suddenly broke into tears.

"I'm sorry for my actions in the past few months. I... I've been cruel. I asked you to stay away from Jimin," Seokjin confessed, covering his face with both hands as he wept.

How could he have been so heartless? Namjoon had sacrificed everything for his duty, for the well-being of their country, and yet his own husband had turned his back on him. The realization only intensified Seokjin's anguish, and he sobbed even harder at the thought.