twenty three 🌟

Namjoon had been observing Seokjin for a few days now, noticing a certain hesitancy in his actions. He often seemed lost in thought, and he kept his distance, not showing much affection. It was as if he had built a protective barrier around himself, unwilling to let anyone in.

Namjoon felt increasingly concerned; he longed to confront Seokjin about what seemed to be troubling him. Yet, every attempt to broach the subject was met with a dismissive smile, as if everything were fine.

Namjoon understood that their wounds had yet to fully heal, and he knew they wouldn't until he divulged the whole truth to Seokjin. He yearned to unburden himself, to explain why he had left Seokjin in such a manner.

He still feels incredibly vulnerable at the thought that Seokjin might believe he abandoned him, especially considering his pregnancy only added to the complexity.

Countless worries must have plagued him, and Namjoon is aware those same concerns likely still linger in Jin's mind.

Since that one night, Seokjin hadn't shared a bed with him, and Namjoon didn't want to pressure him. The only aspect of his life that feels stable right now is his relationship with his son.

"Dad, is Appa mad at us?" Jimin asked with a pout.

"I'm not sure, baby. Have we done anything wrong?" Namjoon replied, sitting on his bed with Jimin on his lap, while Seokjin was in his room.

"We didn't let him go to the cafe on Sunday. He missed TaeTae and Kookie," Jimin recalled.

"Hmm, why don't you ask him why he's upset?" Namjoon suggested, knowing that Jimin was the only one who could breach the bubble Seokjin had created, and Seokjin would let him in.

"Okay, I will ask him," Jimin nodded, understanding.

"Dad, who's that woman?" Jimin questioned again, and Namjoon knew he was asking about his mother.

He remained silent, not wanting to tell Jimin that she was his grandmother because he knew Yeri wouldn't appreciate that role. He didn't want his son to feel unloved because, honestly, Jimin and Seokjin meant everything to him.

If he had to choose between them and Yeri, he would undoubtedly choose them. Namjoon loved his mother wholeheartedly. He felt guilty when she didn't approve of his marriage; he used to apologize to her for going against her because he loved her.

But back then, he didn't know what she said and did to Jin in Namjoon's absence. After the horrible incident with his husband when he left, he found himself loathing his mother.

"Why? Did she say something to you?" He couldn't help but ask, ready to intervene if she had done anything. As strange as it sounded, Namjoon felt compelled to protect his family from his own mother.

"I don't like her," Jimin frowned, playing with Namjoon's hair. Namjoon wasn't completely oblivious; he knew her looks had made Jimin uncomfortable. However, he couldn't confront her since she had never done anything in Namjoon's presence.

"It's okay, she doesn't matter," Namjoon assured him with a dimpled smile.

"Joonie, can I sleep with you tonight?" Jimin asked, hugging his neck and resting his little face on Namjoon's chest, clinging to him.