one 🌟

It was nearing nightfall, and the wind carried a brisk chill, though it wasn't bone-chillingly cold.

Upon entering his apartment, he was followed by Jungkook. "What did you decide about the theme?" Jungkook inquired as they placed the transparent bags on the kitchen table.

"I've settled on purple since it's his favorite color," Soekjin replied with a warm smile.

However, an unfamiliar yet strangely familiar scent caught his attention, causing him to freeze in place.

His face paled, and Jungkook noticed the unease written all over him.

"What happened, hyung?" Jungkook asked, concerned.

In a hurry, Soekjin reached for the mobile phone he had set on the table just moments ago. Dialing a number, he anxiously waited. Jungkook observed him in utter confusion.

"Hello, where is Jimin?" Soekjin asked urgently as soon as the call connected.

"Please bring him back quickly," he added, nervously biting his right thumb nail.

"Okay, just please come quickly, Tae," Jin requested before ending the call.

"What happened, hyung? Are you okay? Why did you ask Tae to bring Jimin back?" Jungkook inquired, moving closer to Soekjin, who now sat on the table, tapping one leg in anxiety.

"Jungkook, I don't know how to put it into words!" Jin struggled to articulate his thoughts.

"Hyung, you're scaring me," Jungkook said, gently squeezing Jin's shoulders.

"It might sound strange, but I... I sensed his presence. It feels like he was here," Jin confessed, tears welling up in his eyes. He blinked rapidly to hold them back.

"Oh my god, seriously?" Jungkook's eyes widened in disbelief.

"But are you sure? I mean, it's been five years," Jungkook hesitated, swallowing hard.

"Unfortunately, I'm certain it was him," Jin said with a bittersweet smile.

Jungkook looked at him with empathy, fully aware of the deep trauma Jin had endured in the past years.

As they heard the front door opening, Jin hurried towards it.

"Appa," Jimin exclaimed, rushing towards Jin. Jin crouched down, enveloping him in a warm, comforting hug.

"Are you okay?" Jin inquired, planting a gentle kiss on Jimin's soft, chubby cheeks.

"Yeah, Tae and I eat a lot of ice cream and burgers. Oops, sorry, I wasn't supposed to spill that." Jimin covered his mouth with his small hands, his eyes widening in realization.

"Thank goodness," Jin chuckled, pulling Jimin into another embrace.

"Hyung, why are you worried? He was with me!" Taehyung reassured Jin, noting his concerned expression.

"It's nothing. Baby, go and freshen up. I'll be right there," Jin stood up, signaling for Jimin to take a shower.

"Okay, Kookie, come on. We'll shower together," Jimin ran to him, attempting to hold Jungkook's hand by tiptoeing.

"Brat! He's my boyfriend," Taehyung teased, faux-glaring at Jimin.

"No, he's mine," Jimin giggled.

"Fine, then I'll take your appa," Taehyung playfully declared, hugging Jin.

"Brat! He's my appa," Jimin echoed Taehyung's words, causing Jungkook to burst into laughter.

"Jimin, don't talk like that. Taehyung is your uncle," Jin cautioned him in a subtle manner.

"Forget them, Chim. Let's go," Jungkook grinned, lifting Jimin into his arms and heading into their room.

Jin entered the kitchen, arranging the table with a heavy tread. His mind buzzed with unease, reacting to every subtle noise with a heightened sense of alarm.

"Hyung, everything alright?" Taehyung questioned, his expression marked by confusion. Jin found himself checking every window in the house twice, caught up in his own anxieties.

"Yeah," Jin replied absentmindedly.

After some time, Jungkook and Jimin returned, taking their places at the table. Taehyung, noticing Jin's distracted state, inquired about him to Jungkook.

"Later," Jungkook signaled quietly, his lips forming the word without sound.

"Appa, are you listening?" Jimin pouted, feeling sad when his dad didn't notice.

"Yeah, baby, what were you saying?" Jin snapped out of his thoughts.

"You're not listening, I'm hurt." Jimin put his hand on his heart and gasped playfully.

"Tae! What are you teaching him?" Jungkook lightly slapped his boyfriend's hand.

"I didn't do anything!!" Taehyung gasped dramatically.

"Right!!" Jungkook rolled his eyes while munching on his food.

Jin was totally lost in his own world, not paying attention to what was happening. After they finished eating, Jungkook and Taehyung cleaned up, while Jin put Jimin to bed.

"You mean Hyung's husband, the one who hasn't shown up in five years?" Taehyung inquired, casting a questioning glance at his boyfriend, who simply nodded in response.

"I can't believe it," Taehyung muttered, a mixture of disbelief and concern in his voice.

"What if his instincts are right?" Jungkook pondered.

"I mean, come on, he must have forgotten by now how his husband smells," Taehyung remarked, finding little logic in the situation.

"It's possible. I mean, I'll still remember how you smell after 5 years," Jungkook replied with a hint of playfulness.

"Babe, that sounds so romantic, and besides, I'll never leave you," Taehyung said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend from behind as he was doing the dishes.

"Ahem!" Jin cleared his throat, effectively interrupting their intimate moment.

They pulled apart, turning their attention to Jin, who looked disheveled.

"Hyung, are you fine?" Jungkook expressed concern.

Jin nodded silently.

"Do you want Tae and me to stay?" Jungkook offered.

"No, I'll call you if anything happens, and I'm not afraid," Jin tried to put on a reassuring smile.

"Okay, hyung, take care of yourself," Jungkook came closer, hugging him tightly, with Seokjin reciprocating the embrace.

Taehyung also embraced him and planted a gentle kiss on his cheek, eliciting a brief laugh from Seokjin at their affectionate display.

"Bye, hyung, we love you and Chim," they said in unison before heading out.

=͟͟͞♡ᝰ.ᐟ

Continued

_________________________________________

Baby Jimin 😭