47 ⋆ MAXINE LIVED HERE

PREY - THE NEIGHBORHOOD

"Something is wrong, I can't explain
Everything changed when the birds came
You'll never know what they might do if they catch you too early
We need to fly ourselves before someone else tells us how
Something is off, I feel like prey, I feel like praying"

7k words thank god.

22, June, 20239 am𓆩♱𓆪

22, June, 2023
9 am
𓆩♱𓆪

I hear my alarm going off and I slowly open my eyes while reaching over to my phone on my nightstand. By the time I picked up my phone, yanking out the charger and narrowing my eyes at the screen, I saw that I missed six calls from Harry. My eyes nearly went wide to the notification.

Six calls?!

I pressed my fingers on the notification, bringing me straight on call and I waited just a few seconds for him to answer the phone. "Hello?! Are you okay?!" I raised my voice, pressing the speaker button while I rushed to the bathroom, almost my toe on the doorframe.

Why the fuck am I panicking?!

"Good morning and where the fuck are you?"

"I'm at home safe and sound?"

"Are you asking me or are giving me that fuckass attitude?"

I turn on the sink, putting my phone down on the counter, "Um... giving you attitude-" I quickly respond to him as I splash water on my face before grabbing the cleanser to wash my face with.

"Well, I'm outside waiting for you... did you just wake up or something?"

I start scrubbing the cleanser on my face with my hands, almost pocking my eyes with my nails. "Mhm!" I hum into my palms, almost tasting the product in my mouth.