07 ⋆ YOU'RE THEIR NUMBER ONE FAN

THE CHAMBER - THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS

"So leave yourself alone
Leave yourself alone
Tell your wasted time
That I am worse"

TW: this chapter contains mention of abuse / toxic relationships

HARRY'S PAST POV
2/June/2020

After the abandoned church visit, I asked Devlin if I could go visit the people she lives with since I let her see mines because... I wanted to. She said she isn't so sure just yet so I'll just let her take her time.

So right now, I only know that she lives with Rene and her mother before Devlin lived with her grandmother before she passed away. Her grandmother's neighbors are probably Rene's grandparents who knew Devlin's grandmother.

Also knowing she broke up with Marcus has me curious. He won't leave her alone after he cheated on her during high school and that caused her to drop out way before experiencing her first prom and graduation.

Does she even know who Marcus really is?

I brought the glass cup of coke to my lips while everyone at the dinner table was talking to each other.

Niall was talking to Devlin while she twists her fork in the spaghetti and then blows on it to cool it off before eating. Louis was just sitting there, listening to music while he was finishing his food and Liam was too busy talking to Addison.

I was staring down at my plate. My mind blurred for a moment as the voices around me were muffled until I heard someone call my name.

"Right Harry?" It was Niall. I arched a brow, not getting what he was saying to me. "I told her we're a band and I also told her we got a handful of groupies." He had to repeat himself. "Oh... uh yeah." I nodded before I brought the cup with the scratched off words "Coca-Cola" to my lips again.

"Wait, what's a groupie?" Devlin asked him and I only listened, swallowing down the acid of the drink.

"Let's just say... women who'd always hope to see a rockstar or band they're obsessed with. They wanna be private with them or sleep with them." Niall explains to her and Devlin takes a bite on the crunchy garlic bread. "So... you're telling me that the girls or should I say "Groupies" wants to sleep with the four of you?" She asks all of us and I only shrugged, starting to eat without speaking.

"Five." Louis corrected her.

"Yeah, Zayn as well." Niall told her. "And I do think the five of us have groupies in this town. Girls."