16.

"Huh, who's Zara?" Zayaan asked with a puzzled look on his face.

Aira felt like crying even more, he was acting like he doesn't know Zara now. They talked to each other in front of her a few hours ago. "See, you're really bad. Now you're acting like you don't know Zara."

"Aira believe me, I really don't know any Zara." Zayaan felt helpless trying to convince Aira.

Aira glared at him, how was he still continuing his act? She didn't want to talk to him anymore. She huffed and looked the other way, trying to ignore Zayaan.

"Aira, my jaan believe me. I swear on ammi's life, I don't have any Zara in my life." Zayaan said and grabbed Aira's hands.

Aira's head turned to look at Zayaan when he swore on his mother's life. Maybe he wasn't lying after all. "But she told me you love her and you didn't want to marry me."

"Aira, I don't even know any Zara."

"But you talked to her today and even smiled at her, you've never smiled even at me." Aira said as she pouted.

"Wait, is Zara the girl who was with you when you were eating?" Zayaan wondered as he remembered only talking to that girl today.

Aira nodded and looked at Zayaan, "Yes, she told me you're going to leave me for her."

"Aira, I didn't even know her name until you told me. I just know she's one of khala's relatives and ammi invited her out of courtesy." Zayaan said as he justified himself.

"But even her mother told me you like her. Why would her mother lie to me?" Aira said as she felt confused over everything now.

"Aunty Khalida is a cunning woman, ammi has never liked her. Don't believe their words." Zayaan said.

"Don't worry, don't think about their words. I will sort them out for lying to you. How dare they cause distress to my wife and try making us on bad terms." Zayaan said as he got angry even thinking about the cunning ladies.

"I'm sorry for accusing you without talking to you properly about it." Aira felt guilty for even doubting Zayaan. She couldn't maintain eye contact with Zayaan anymore.

"Aira, meri jaan. I'm not mad at you, it was normal for my wife to react like that." Zayaan said as he grabbed Aira's hands and Aira blushed when he called her as his wife. Aira just nodded, feeling too shy to respond now.

Zayaan's eyes moved towards the ring box that was put aside. He let go of Aira's hands and Aira looked at him confused. He grabbed the ring box and gestured Aira to forward her hand. Zayaan put the ring on her finger and kissed it. Zayaan then kissed Aira's forehead lovingly and Aira's eyes closed, never having been kissed by anyone other than her parents.

"Acha, go get changed now. It's getting quite late now." Zayaan said and helped Aira get off the bed, she was still in her heavy bridal dress. Aira moved towards the dressing table and started unpinning her dupatta, whilst Zayaan was busy staring at her back. When he saw her hair, he remembered the tiktoks he saw of married couples on their wedding night. He wanted to help her take the hundreds of pins out of her hair too. Before he realised, he was already right behind his wife.

Aira noticed his presence and the new couple made eye contact through the mirror. "May I help you?" Zayaan said as he motioned to her hair. Aira blushed and nodded, quickly breaking the eye contact. She could feel her heart hammering through her chest.

Aira's breath hitched when she felt Zayaan's finger accidentally touch her ear. Not noticing Aira's reaction, Zayaan continued as he was lost in the task.

"And here's the last one." Zayaan smiled as he just accomplished the task, it felt like it was one of the most difficult things in the world as he was doing it. The pins were just never ending for a while but the Zayaan Khan would never backdown from anything.

"Thank you." Aira mumbled and ran off to the wardrobe room. The servants had already placed all of Aira's clothes there. She quickly got changed and by the time she came out, Zayaan was also showered and changed. He was stood in front of the mirror and doing his skincare. After all the Zayaan Khan wasn't just a total heart-throb for no reason, he had to maintain everything well. Aira's heartbeat went crazy once again, her husband was just something else.

"Aira go was your face or shower if you want to. It's getting quite late now." Zayaan said as he looked at her through the mirror. She was looking extremely cute in her pyjamas that had a little teddy bear on the top. Aira just nodded and went towards the bathroom, she was too shy to speak.

Aira quickly washed her face and did her skincare in the bathroom. When she came out, Zayaan was sitting on the sofa waiting for her. "Aira, which side of the bed do you want to sleep on?"

"It's your bed and just sleep on the side you normally sleep on, I don't mind any side." Aira said as she slowly walked towards him.

"First of all it's OUR bed Aira and second of all my wife, I sleep in the middle of the bed and I don't think that's practical for us." Zayaan said as he chuckled.

Aira turned into a beetroot, "I'll take the right side then." She quickly jumped in bed and covered her face with the duvet. Zayaan found her antics cute and smiled as he got in bed. He was soo close yet far from her. He wanted her in his arms but he knew she wasn't comfortable with that yet.

The couple couldn't sleep, one was restless as his love was soo close to him and the other was restless as she was sharing a bed with her husband. Sleep eventually captured the couple and they slept soundly, without a care in the world.

Aira scrunched her nose and whined as she helplessly tried hiding from the sun. The curtains of the room were fully open and the sun was greeting the sleeping couple. Aira whined and tried hiding her face further into her teddy but why was her usually soft teddy hard today. She groaned as she slowly moved her head and tried adjusting into a more comfortable position. She purred as she finally found the perfect position and smiled. But her happiness was short lived, she quickly opened her eyes and looked around. There was no teddy next to her, it was her husband's chest. She felt embarrassed, her cheekss turned red and she quickly covered her face.

Thankfully, he was still sleeping. Aira hurriedly got off the bed and ran to the toilet and sighed in relief. As soon as the door closed, Zayaan's eyes opened and he smiled in content, he was awake this whole time. He couldn't get over the fact she was hugging him soo tightly in the morning when he woke up and he didn't want her to stop hugging him. He chuckled at her cute reaction and slowly sat up in bed, waiting for his turn in the bathroom.

Word count- 1228.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in updating. I've started a new job and I've been busy sorting out my uni stuff.

A slightly longer chapter as an apology and I might finish Sukoon this week. Can't wait to get started with the other stories~~

And guys isn't Zayaan such a green flag🤭

Happy reading and don't forget to comment🤍🤍