11.

Time moved on but Aira was still processing what her mother just told her. She was lost in her thoughts 'Huh? She's getting married and that too to Zayaan Bhai?'

"Aira, where are you lost? You haven't been replying to me." Azra said bringing Aira out of her daze.

"Huh ammi, what did you say?" Aira said as she finally came back to reality. 

"I was saying, Badi begum said we'll finalise the engagement soon. She brought your engagement clothes." Azra said showing Aira the thaal with her engagement clothes.

It was indeed a really beautiful outfit. It had white beads all over it with detailed embroidery.

"Ammi, I'm going to my room. I'm quite tired now." Aira said and ran off to her room before Azra could reply.

"She must be shy. I never thought our Aira will get married into such a big family." Azra said to Ghafur.

"We must've done something good in our lives for our Aira to have such a good fate." Ghafur said as he thanked Allah.

~~~~

Aira was sat in her window seat, thinking about everything. She looked at the peaceful garden, completely opposite to her inner turmoil.

She was lost in her thoughts 'Me and Zayaan Bhai? I've never seen him like that. Does he even want to marry me? Is he getting forced? But he's not the type of person to get forced. I don't know how I'm going to face him anymore. I'm sure he's not happy with this.'

Time was passing without Aira noticing and it was already nighttime. She was brought out of her thoughts when her stomach rumbled. She didn't have anything to eat when she got home.

Aira made her way to the kitchen, not in any mood to eat but her stomach was begging for food. She opened the fridge only to see more mithai reminding her of what happened earlier the day. She finally saw the leftovers and heated them. Finishing her last morsel she made her way back to her room, not wanting to interact with anyone.

That night two souls had sleepless nights yet again. One was worrying and scared about her future and the other felt restless as he couldn't believe that the girl he wanted was going to be his soon.

This part is a bit shorter but I'm hoping to update twice today.

Happy reading~~~~