13.

This morning Aira found out her wedding date was fixed. She was going to be a married woman by the end of the week. She was going to become Aira Zayaan Khan. Zayaan needed to go back to Karachi so both families decided the wedding would happen before his departure.

She couldn't stop thinking about the unknown lady's words but she felt helpless, her parents were extremely happy and she didn't want to ruin that.

She already had her wedding outfit and jewellery. There was nothing incomplete, it was only a matter of time until her wedding.

~~~~
It was the mehndi night, the Khan's and Abid's wanted to do a small intimate mehndi function in the back garden of the haveli.

Aira and Zayaan were sat on the stage and everyone was doing the mehndi traditions. Soon it was time to eat so Zayaan went away, he wanted Aira to comfortably eat with Zaynab. Zaynab's husband, Shahmeer, called her so she went to him. Aira was left all alone on the stage as everyone was busy eating and talking.

Aira smiled as she was lost in the lively atmosphere and she didn't realise when Khalida came up to with her.

"I see you're having fun." Khalida said and Aira flinched, as she didn't notice Khalida's presence earlier.

Khalida was standing there but she wasn't alone this time. There was a beautiful girl with her but she was looking at Aira with disgust. Aira thought 'Is this the girl who Zayaan likes?'

"You seem to be having fun. I mean why wouldn't you have fun. You're finally getting what my daughter deserved. Don't think you've won, my Zara owns Zayaan's heart." Khalida uttered.

"Zayaan is mine and it doesn't matter if you marry him, he never wanted all of this." Zara said as she glared at Aira.

"If Zayaan didn't want this then he would've just denied but he didn't. And aunty I've told you before, I don't even know you." Aira said as she didn't want to let their venomous words affect her.

"Listen girl, if Zayaan wanted you he would've been sat on the stage with you right now. But he left as soon as he got the opportunity to." Zara said whilst gritting her teeth. Zara was deluded that Zayaan liked her, she had always liked Zayaan and Zayaan talked to her nicely on a few occasions so she strongly believed she was special to Zayaan.

"Zayaan will be mine in the end. Ammi let's go, I don't want to talk to this cheap lowlife." Zara said and the duo left the stage.

Aira was just sat there, she couldn't help but agree that Zara's words really hurt her this time. Zara wasn't wrong that Zayaan wasn't on stage with her, maybe Zara was correct and Zayaan wasn't happy with this marriage.

Before Aira knew, she was already back in her room. She was tired from sitting all night and then she had to bear Zara's taunts. She was relieved the night came to an end and she was finally back in her room. She hurriedly got in bed and thanked Allah for giving her the strength to bear everything that happened today.

Tomorrow was her baraat but that was the last thing she wanted to think about so she quickly fell asleep.

Word count- 555.

Happy reading and don't forget to vote🤍🤍