10.

It was late in the afternoon and Azra just got home after her daily duties at the haveli. Azra only worked at the haveli from morning until just before the evening.

As she was tidying the living room, there was a knock on the front door. Not expecting anyone at this time, Azra was baffled. She wondered 'who could be here at this time?"

She slowly opened the door but she smiled as she saw the person on the other side "Salam Badi Begum, did you need something urgently? You could've just called me."

"Salam Azra, I needed to talk to you about something important. Let's talk inside." Asmat said and she walked in as Azra moved aside, letting her in.

It was then, when Azra realised that there was a line of servants behind Asmat, holding big thaals of mithai and clothes.

Azra looked confused as the servants walked in after Asmat and placed the thaals, before exiting and leaving only Asmat and Azra there.

"Badi begum, what's all this?" Azra questioned in a confused manner.

"These are all gifts for Aira." Asmat smiled.

"Huh, Aira? Badi begum I don't understand." Azra said.

"Let's sit and I'll get to the main point." Asmat pointed towards the sofa as she sat down.

As they were sitting down, they heard the door opening and Ghafur walked in.

"Salam Badi Begum, I didn't know you were coming here. Did you need something?" Ghafur rushed to the house when he found out Asmat went there. He was confused as to why Asmat came.

"Salam Ghafur, sit down. I need to talk about something important." Asmat said as Ghafur made his way to them.

"Ji Badi Begum." Ghafur said as he sat down.

"Where's Aira? I don't see her anywhere." Asmat questioned as she noticed Aira was nowhere in sight.

"Aira is still at university. Do you need to talk to her?" Ghafur said.

"No I came to have a talk with you about Aira." Asmat said.

"Did she do something? We're sorry if she offended you." Ghafur said scared as he couldn't understand why Asmat wanted to talk about Aira.

"It's nothing of worry." Asmat said as she paused before continuing. "Actually, I wanted to talk about Aira and my Zayaan." Asmat said getting to the main topic.

"Huh, I don't understand Badi Begum." Azra said not fullly comprehending the situation.

"Azra and Ghafur, I want your Aira's hand for my Zayaan. I want to turn our years of knowing each other into a relation." Asmat said as she finally revealed her thoughts.

"Badi Begum, it's our honour for our Aira to marry into your family." Ghafur said as he didn't know how to express his happiness.

"Badi Begum, we would never deny your wishes. Consider a yes from us." Ghafur said while smiling.

Asmat smiled as she lifted the thaal with mithaai and forwarded it to Ghafur and Azra. "Have these sweets, we'll finalise the engagement date soon." Asmat said.

"Salam Ammiiiiii." Aira loudly greeted as she came home not realising the presence of Asmat.

She stopped when she noticed Asmat. "Salam Badi Ammi." She said as she walked in.

"How did your exam go?" Asmat asked as she patted the seat next to her and signalled Aira to sit next to her.

"My exams went really good."

Asmat lovingly kissed Aira's head as she sat down.

Aira's eyes went to the bug thaals in the room and she asked "What are these?"

Asmat smiled and said "I should get going now. It's been a while since I came."

Asmat left and Aira questioned her mother again "Ammi you didn't tell me what the mithai is for. Is it cause of Zaynab appi's wedding?"

"Aira come sit here." Azra told Aira to sit next to her.

"Badi begum came for your hand in marriage and we said yes." Azra said and Aira looked confused.

"Huh? Ammi who? me?" Aira questioned.

"Yes Aira you. Badi begum, asked for your hand in marriage with Chote khan." Azra finally broke out the full news to Aira.

Aira stilled not knowing how to react.

Hi guys, how do you think Aira will react?

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with some personal work.

Hope you enjoyyy~~~