15.

Aira's breath hitched when she heard the door opening. She fisted her hands and clutched her lehengha. She closed her eyes and she could hear his footsteps, they were getting closer.

She tightened her eyes when she felt the veil on her head lift. "Open your eyes." Zayaan commanded, he wanted to stare in her big orbs.

She slowly opened hey eyes and it was as if time stopped for Zayaan. He was lost in her eyes, she was finally his.

He pulled out a ring box from his pocket "This is for you." Zayaan said and handed it to Aira.

"Thank you." Aira mumbled.

Zayaan looked at her, hoping she would open the box. When she didn't make any efforts to open the box, Zayaan said "Won't you open it?" Without saying anything, Aira opened it and just kept staring at it.

"Do you like it?" Zayaan said as Aira didn't say anything after opening it.

"It's nice." Aira said whilst closing the box and putting it to the side. She was still upset from earlier and she knew if she talked to Zayaan, she would end up crying being the sensitive girl she was.

Zayaan frowned, his Aira was avoiding him by only giving him short replies. "Aira, are you okay?"

Aira felt like crying, how was she supposed to be okay after everything his Zara said to her. Her eyes got watery as she looked at Zayaan.

Zayaan's heart dropped thinking his Aira was unhappy with his marriage. "Aira, are you happy with me? I mean this marriage."

Aira felt wronged, he was asking if she was happy with the marriage when he was the one who was unhappy with the marriage. He loved his Zara and he married her. She looked at him and her bottom lip wobbled as her tears were about to fall.

Zayaan's felt his breathing stop when he saw Aira's teary eyes. "Aira, why are you crying? Do you miss your parents? I'll call them." Zayaan said and he took his phone out.

"You're really bad." Aira said as she pouted with her eyes full of tears.

Zayaan felt helpless, he tried his best to make her feel comfortable and she was still unhappy with him. Maybe she just didn't want to marry me.

"You're asking me if I'm unhappy with the marriage when you're the one who didn't want to marry me." Aira said, she couldn't keep it to herself anymore. Zara's words were eating her alive.

"Huh, Aira...." Before Zayaan could justify himself, Aira interrupted him and said "Don't act clueless, I know everything."

"Aira I'm confused, what are you trying to say?" Zayaan said as he frowned.

"You love her but you married me, she told me everything. Why did you marry me when you have someone else in your heart? I know our marriage is arranged but I still want a faithful partner. You've ruined our lives by marrying me when you have her." Aira finally let everything out, she couldn't take it anymore.

"Aira, hold on and take a deep breath. I don't know who you're on about. Which girl do I love?" Zayaan said as he was confused about who Aira was referring to.

"Zara." Aira said.

So guys, not many chapters are left of this story. It's coming to an end soon.

Happy reading and don't forget to vote🤍