14.

Aira was dressed in a maroon dress, her hair in a bun with flowers around it and a nose ring adorning her nose. The hairstylist was setting the dupatta on Aira's head. She was indeed looking no less than a hoor.

She was waiting for her mother in the bridal room of the venue. Her mother went to bring her the dupatta she was going to wear over her head. The dupatta had Zayaan's name embroidered on it.

Her mother entered and kissed her dear daughter forehead. It was an emotional time for her parents as they were giving away their only daughter. They placed the dupatta on Aira's head and started preparing for the entrance.

Aira was in the middle, with Ghafur and Azra on her sides. They were holding her arms as they entered. Zayaan was already sat on his side of the flower partition. Aira and Zayaan were going to have their nikkah and then they would sit together on the stage.

Zayaan couldn't keep his eyes off Aira as she got closer to him. Aira was soon sitting opposite him. The maulvi started reading the nikkah.

"Qubool Hai"

"Qubool Hai"

"Qubool Hai"

These two words joined together two souls for an eternity.

Zayaan couldn't believe it, the girl he wanted was finally his and there was only a flower partition separating them at the moment.

Zayaan got up and moved the flower apart. He removed the veil on Aira's head and helped her stand. The new couple made their way towards the stage.

Zayaan was out of words, he didn't know what to say. For the first time in his life he was feeling shy.

Aira was lost in her thoughts, she was a married woman now and she was married to the Zayaan Khan, a name that brought her and everyone else shivers. She didn't want to initiate a conversation with him, she was scared to embarrass herself 'What if he ignores me in front of everyone? It's okay if he doesn't like me but I don't want anything weird to happen today.'

The couple posed with people on the stage and soon it was time to eat. Asmat came to guide Aira to the table, that was next to the stage and only had two chairs as it was just for the couple.

"Beta, Zayaan is going to come in a bit. He's just meeting some important guests, you should start eating first." Asmat said as Aira sat down.

"Ji badi ammi, but i'll wait for him. I don't want to eat on my own." Aira said and Asmat smiled, Aira and Zayaan were a couple made in heaven.

"Acha beta, as you wish but I'm going to go oversee the guests now. If you need anything just call me or Azra." Asmat said as she made her way to the tables filled with guests.

Aira was looking around when she felt someone sit next to her, she turned her head around to look thinking it's Zayaan but it was Zara. Her smile disappeared as she didn't want the girl to ruin her day.

Before Aira could tell Zara to go away, Zara started speaking "So how does it feel to be Mrs Zayaan Khan. You must feel like you're on top of the world. But don't misunderstand your position in Zayaan's life, he loves me and I'm the rightful owner of the place next to him. Don't worry, I'll be there soon, this marriage won't last long. And don't be surprised if Zayaan doesn't come to your room tonight, you never know he might be busy with me instead of you." Zara stopped talking as she started laughing like a psycho.

"Why are you laughing?" A deep voice said from behind Zara. Zayaan was stood behind Zara.

Zara stilled thinking Zayaan heard her, but she still took a chance and said "Your wife looked pretty lonely so I came to her and told her how amazing you are." Zara stood up and looked at Zayaan's reaction in worry, she was hoping he hadn't heard her.

Zayaan couldn't contain his smile when he heard Zara say 'your wife'. The pretty lady he fell in love at first sight was his wife. "I was busy with a few guests."

Zara sighed in relief, it didn't look like he had heard her, not wanting to mess up at this moment in time, Zara quickly bid her goodbyes and went to her cousins.

Aira felt upset at the girl's words but she felt like crying when she saw Zayaan smiling at Zara. He was clearly in love with someone else so why did he ruin her life.

"Have you eaten?" that was the first thing Zayaan said to her today.

Aira was waiting for him and she had not eaten since morning but now her appetite disappeared, she no longer wanted to eat. Aira just nodded at Zayaan's words and looked away. She feared if she looked at him or said anything, she would start crying on the spot.

Zayaan thinking she was uncomfortable in front of everyone and that's why she didn't answer verbally, didn't initiate another conversation. He'd talk to her all he wants when it was just the two of them.

Soon it was rukhsati and Aira couldn't stop crying. She wasn't moving far from her parents as they lived close by, but she couldn't stop crying.

She continuously sniffled in the car and Zayaan frowned. He didn't want his lady to cry. He forwarded her a tissue and Aira took it happily.

They reached the haveli and Aira was guided to Zayaan's room, well now it was their room. The whole room was decorated with fresh flowers and smelled absolutely lovely.

Zaynab consoled Aira and fixed her makeup before setting the veil on Aira's face and making Aira sit in the middle of the bed.

Zaynab soon left the room, leaving Aira on her own. She didn't know what to do as time passed and Zayaan got closer to their room.

Word count- 1008

A longer chapter to make up for updating a little later than I said I would.

Happy reading and don't forget to vote🤍🤍