A Few Good Men 1x15

Start from the beginning

" Trudie? Tru-trudie Peterson?" Elena asks at which Trudie answers wit 'yes' that sounded more like a question.

"Uh, my name is Elena Gilbert and this is my sister Ana. I wanted to talk to you about Isobel Flemming."

"Well, I haven't heard that name in years. How do you know her?" Trudie asks us.
"I think that, um, well...do you know if she had a baby that she gave up for adoption?"
"My god. Which one is her daughter daughter."

"Elena is." I tell her

"I was just gonna make some tea. Would you like some?" She asks us.
"Sure." Lena tells her.
"Uh, the kitchen's this way." We step inside and I see Trudie releasing her breath, which is weird but I shrugged it off. We walk into the house and Elena and I take off our jackets.
"I wasn't gonna come. I didn't think I was, but I was driving, and I hit this stoplight, and it made me think about when I was learning how to drive and then my mom would always warn me about this blind turn on the left-hand side, and then I was thinking about my mom, and—I had your address and plus Ana convinced me. I'm sorry for barging in."It's no problem. Um, just a surprise, though." She says as we sit down at the table. "I haven't thought about Isobel in years."She confesses to us.
"When was the last time you saw her?" I ask her.
"About 17 years ago, when she left to go have Elena. We kept in touch for a while, but, well, you know, people drift apart.""And you don't know where she ended up?""She was in Florida for a while. She was on her own. I know it wasn't easy.""Do you have any idea who my father is?" Elena asks her.
"I could never get her to fess up. Anyway, she finally pulled it together, got into college on a scholarship.""Where did she go?" I ask her.
"Somewhere in North Carolina. Duke, I think.Smart girl, smart school." She tell us as the kettle starts whistling from the kitchen. "Let me just grab that." She tells us as she leaves.

______________________________________

We are looking through an old yearbook. Trudie points out a picture of her and Isobel.

"Ah. They came to the games for us. The football team hadn't won in years. We were the stars. Well, Izzie was. But I was a damn good backup.""Heh. This is great. Thank you." Lena smiles and says.
"You're welcome. " She says as she looks at our's teacups."  You haven't touched your tea.""Oh." " Yeah." We say at the same time.

We pick our cups up and take a sip. I furrow my brow at the taste of it and gives it a whiff.

"What is this?" I ask her.
"Oh, it's just some herbal mixture.""Vervain?" Elena asks and Trudie doesn't respond. "You know." I tell her.
"Know what?" She tries to play dumb.
"You didn't invite me in, and you're serving vervain tea. You know." Elena says as Trudie stands up. "I think that you two should probably leave." She says as we place our cups down. "Wait. What are you not telling us? And don't play dumb." I ask her.
"Please leave. Now!" Sh tells us as we get up and leave the house. As we walk back to the car, Elena grabs her keys from her purse and we see a man standing in the middle of the road. As fast as we can we leave and drive off.

_____________________________________

Elena leaves to see Stefan and tell him what happened while I go to the auction and wait for Elena to show up. I finally spot Elena with Care and Matt's lovely mother. I stand next to Elena and Jenna as Mrs. Lockwood starts introducing the bachelors one by one.

"And what do you do, Bachelor Number 3?" Mrs. Lockwood asks
"Yeah, I'm a plumber." He tells her.
" Well, isn't that wonderful? We could always use more plumbers. Moving on. Number 4, 'Alaric Saltzman.' Wow. That's quite a mouthful. What do you do, Alaric?""I'm a teacher at Mystic Falls High." Alaric tells her.
"Oh, beauty and brains, ladies. This one's a keeper. What do you teach?""History.""History. Oh, well, give us a fun fact about Mystic Falls, something crazy." Alaric looks over at Damon. Damon places his hand up to his ear, sarcastically anticipating a response."Uh, well..." Carol pulls the microphone away. "He's probably saving the best stories for his date." She moves down the line. "And last, but not least, Damon Salvatore. We don't have much on you.""Well, I'm tough to fit on a card." Damon tells her.
"Do you have any hobbies, like to travel?""Oh, yeah. L.A., New York. Couple of years ago, I was in North Carolina. Near the Duke campus, actually. I think—I think Alaric went to school there. Didn't you, Ric?" Damon turns to look at Alaric, who does the same. "Yeah, 'cause I-- I know your wife did.""I had a drink with her once. She was—she was a great girl. I ever tell you that? Cause she was -- Delicious. Mmm! Mmm mmm mmm." Damon says as Elena and mine's mouths hangs open.
"Are you two okay?" Jenna asks us.
"I just need some air." Elena says.

"I am gonna go wit her." I say as I follow Elena outside and see Stefan doing the same.

Outside, I see Elena paces around. Stefan and I exit the Grill and approach her. She turns to face us.

"Elena." I say carefully so I don't upset her anymore then she already is.
"He killed her? Damon was the vampire that killed her?" She asks Stefan.
"I don't know what happened. Alaric said that they never found the body."" Oh, my god. ""I know. I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you. But I just—I wanted to know more.""I am gonna go, leave you to talk." I say as I leave to give them some space.

____________________________________

Later in the evening I go to check on Elena in her room and she tells me about what just happened with the whole phone call thing. And I hold her as she cries and I comfort her until she eventually falls asleep on my lap.