Science lecture, helping out, phone call, and getting Monseuir of Disguise

In Mrs. Jones' classroom, Mrs. Jones explain the lecture of the Three States of Matter on the board and everyone take notes of the lecture.

 Jones explain the lecture of the Three States of Matter on the board and everyone take notes of the lecture

Mrs. Jones: They have different properties, which can be explained by looking at the arrangement of their particles. Solid is when the particles are packed in tightly, they can barely move at all. And also the state in which matter maintains a fixed volume and shape. For example of the matter solid are: bricks, ice, wood, and paper.

 For example of the matter solid are: bricks, ice, wood, and paper

Esra: How is paper a solid?

Mrs. Jones: Paper is made of cellulose molecules and other particles that are arranged randomly by the paper-making process. This prevents them from forming a crystalline structure that would define paper as a crystalline solid rather than an amorphous solid.

Esra: Oh.

Mrs. Jones: Liquid is when particles are less tightly packed as compared to solids. Liquids take the shape of the container in which they are kept. Liquids are difficult to compress as particles have less space between them to move. Liquids have fixed volume but no fixed shape. And we all know the examples of a liquid: water, milk, juice, coffee, etc.

Alya: That's good to know at least. *She clicked her mechanical pencil and wrote down those examples and Marinette wrote them down too. *

Mrs. Jones: Gas has no fixed shape or volume. The atoms or molecules that make up the gas fill the container that holds them. The gas expands until it is uniformly distributed throughout the container, even in the presence of gravity.

Nino: (raised his hand) So gas is just the particles moving around freely?

Mrs. Jones: Yes, Nino. The gas particles move freely. And gases like helium, hydrogen, oxygen, and air are examples of gas matter. There is another matter called plasma. *a few students were confused about that one. *

Mark: We never heard of plasma.

Mrs. Jones: Now I know this one is a little confusing, but it will be more understanding once I tell you about it. Plasma is often called "the fourth state of matter," along with solid, liquid and gas. Just as a liquid will boil, changing into a gas when energy is added, heating a gas will form a plasma – a soup of positively charged particles, like ions, and negatively charged particles like electrons. Write down, you might be tested on this one. *They all write down the lecture notes on Plasma. * Now onto more of our lesson plan. *In the bakery, it was close to lunch time, and Melanie put in the finishing touches on big cookies and jumbo cupcakes. *