chapter 15: Towards Ones Path

Haku twirled her spear and it gave off a light hum at the speed she was spinning it. She narrowed her eyes in thought of this annoying opponent that was covered in black markings from some kind of Curse Seal.

If she couldn't beat him in the normal case due to his steel armor-like bones, perhaps it would best to encase him and suffocate him. Yes, that should do it. Now it was just a way to catch the surprisingly fast bone user.

-Play: Metal Gear: Rise of Revengeance: The Only Thing I Know For Real-

With one last twirl, Haku sprinted towards Kimimaro and went for a thrust of her spear, but the bone man spun around it and bone shot from his chest to stab the girl, which they did.

Suddenly Haku started to crack and collapsed into a pile of ice.

"What?" the albino said as he was slashed on the back and then kicked away.

He got up and turned to see Haku, "Koori Bunshin no Jutsu (Ice Clone Technique)." Was all she head as she held out her hand, "I've only a little practice with this on live targets, so please, bear with me." she asked with her usual pleasant smile as a light blue circle covered her palm, "Aisu Meiku:" she said, muttering her spell's One Line aria, "Ransu-(Ice Make: Lance)!" (1)

And then 100 lances of ice shot out from her palm and struck the Oto-nin, hurling him back.

Haku let out a calming breathe to ease herself, "Hm, that does sting a bit, but it is understandable since my Circuits aren't natural. Good thing I used something small so it wasn't so taxing on my limited supply of Od...but I think I'm going to need it." She stated as she got ready since the Oto-nin got up once more, but lost a lot of flesh and looked like a freaky skeleton moving on his own, but with some chucks of flesh still on him.

"Quite the attack you have, but," he said as he as the black patterns on his body covered him and grew his flesh out as it turned darker and grew a tail along with 6 large horns of bone on his back, "I am far from finished!" he shouted as he reached for the top of his spine and started to pull it out, "Tessenka no Mai: Tsuru-(Dance of the Clematis: Vine)!" he announced and whipped it around as it extended towards Haku.

She dashed out of the way and slammed her hand on the ground, "Aisu Meiku: Furoa-(Ice Make: Floor)!" she said as the ground turned into a large sheet of ice all around them in the clearing. Using the ice, Haku sled and glided around the bone whip and smacked it away occasionally.

Kimimaro growled as he almost lost his footing and made bone spikes from the bottom of his feet to keep him steady, but it would slow him down a bit.

He lashed once more and caught Haku's foot and tugged hard, "You're mine! Tessenka no Mai: Hana-(Dance of the Clematis: Flower)!" his free arm turned into a long twisted lance of bone and he launched at Haku.

Haku made a dome of ice, but Kimimaro broke through it with ease as it crumbled and then Haku, who crumbled too!

"Sorry, we could have been friends, perhaps in the next life." Her voice said behind him as Haku slammed her hands into the ground as she appeared out of an ice mirror.

"Aisu Meiku: Gunguniru-(Ice Make: Gungnir)."

Ice wrapped around Kimimaro and turned into a boulder size spear tip as it launched into the air making a 40 meter tall spear of subzero temperatures.

"NO!" he shouted as he grew bones out of his body to save him, but the ice kept covering him. But he kept fighting.

"Stay down!" Haku uncharacteristically shouted and she pumped more Od into the spell.

Kimimaro kept slashing at what he could and was nearly freed, but the boost into the attack covered him at a faster pace. Holding him in there, hopefully for good.