chapter 12: Family is all you need!

Naruko laid in her bed in the hotel Jiraiya had paid for and scowled.

She was so close, but she didn't make the Rasengan fast enough. From what she figured it took three seconds to make and that was with distracting her distant relative with her control over Kyuubi's chakra by displaying her partial control. She realized that she was still having trouble making the shell of the jutsu since she was practicing before she tried it in battle that she could only hold onto the shape for about two seconds before it would dissipate.

She didn't like that one bit!

She would come up with some idea's tomorrow. Now she needed some rest.

Naruko yawned and let her weariness take over.

0 The next day 0

Naruko woke up bright and early as she had a light breakfast and headed to the outskirts of town.

She sat in a meditated position as she thought up some was to improve her usage of the Rasengan.

She tried her first idea by summoning two Kage Bunshin and had them work together to make the spiraling sphere. It worked, but that method would be fatal in battle.

She held her hand out and made one herself this time. It took, just as she had known, three seconds. It stayed that way for about two seconds, again just as she had known, and frowned.

She closed her eyes to think, but a jovial voice broke her from her thoughts.

"Working bright and early huh?" the voice of Jiraiya stated.

"Yes sensei." Naruko returned as she tried to tune him out and focus on her thoughts.

"So what are you planning?" Jiraiya asked as he walked in front of her and smiled impishly at seeing her eyebrow twitch in annoyance.

"I was trying to come up with some ideas, but an annoying buzzing sound keeps filling my ears and won't go away." Naruko said in a miffed tone.

"...I could ask Shizune to get you some bug spray?" Jiraiya asked innocently, but knew what she was talking about.

The Sage thought he just found his new favorite game.

Minato never got angry since his old student just thought it was part of his training, but Naruko was easy to piss off if you hit the right buttons.

Which was good since the gaki acted way too serious at times~

"I think I will manage." Naruko replied dryly.

"Good." Jiraiya nodded as he plopped down and sat in a crossed legged position, "Your control with the Kyuubi's chakra was great last night. You almost got Hime with it." He commented with mirth.

"Thank you Sensei." She answered automatically while still thinking.

"How'd you do it?" Jiraiya asked

"I have control over three tails of the Kyuubi's chakra. The way I did the partial transformation was that the control over the first tail was for the chakra, the second tail was for the skeletal structure of the tail, and then the final and third tail of control was for the skin and fur." Naruko explained with three fingers in the air as she pointed out the three steps for her transformation with her eyes still closed.

Jiraiya whistled and nodded.

A few minutes later Naruko opened her eyes and started to make the Rasengan over and over to try and get her timing of creating it down, than she would work on how long it would last.

She felt that she was missing something obvious in the back of her mind.

She had a thought, why focus on Shinobi laws of techniques when she had another form to look into. She focused on Magecraft to see if the solution was there.