chapter 10: The Legend Starts!

Haku excitedly watched her mistress win her fight with such ease and grace.

She was wearing black Shinobi pants and sandals with a blue long-sleeve turtle neck shirt while wearing her Konoha headband with a blue cloth and the standard flank jacket to show her Chunin status.

She just finished her shift at the hospital and caught the last bit of it as she entered the stadium. She saw Anko in the stands with Asuma and Kurenai and decided to join them.

"Hello." Haku greeted with a smile.

Anko turned and grinned, "Hey snow girl. Glad you could finally join us."

"Hello Haku-san." Kurenai said with a nod.

"Yo." Asuma greeted in his usual way.

"My apologies, I just finished my shift at the hospital." Haku stated her excuse from missing most of her mistress match.

Anko rolled her eyes, "You should've just skipped out and come."

Haku sighed at the woman's behavior, "I have responsibilities to my patients Anko-san."

Anko shrugged, "Whatever, at least now you can watch the rest of our golden girls' matches."

"Indeed." Haku said with her usual smile.

0

"...Wow." Ino said in awe, "Naruko...she pulverized him."

Choji nodded as he ate some more chips, "Yep, Naruko is really strong; she can play evenly with Shika at shogi too. I even made a bet on her too as most people were betting on that Hyuuga guy." He gave a big smile as he flattened the chip bag and went for another one, "I made a hell of a lot on her."

Sakura watched in silence as the crowd continued to cheer for her ex-teammate.

She had always been jealous of the blonde. During their first graded exam at the academy, when she had thought she would get first place due to her brains, but found out she had gotten second, as the Naruko got first. When they had sparing matches in the academy, Naruko swept all the opposition away without trying.

Naturally due to her growing crush on Sasuke, she thought that the blonde would go after him like every other girl, but when Naruko didn't, she had asked why?

The reply wasn't one she had expected.

0 This is a flashback 0

A young seven year old Sakura marched up to a seven year old Naruko, who under a tree, reading a book.

Naruko noticed the presence in front of her and lowered her book, "Can I help?" she asked in a somewhat irritated tone.

Sakura put her hands to her hips and glared at Naruko, "Why aren't you going after Sasuke-kun like every other girl?" the pink haired girl, asked rudely.

Naruko raised an eyebrow, "Are you seriously asking me this?"

"Yes!"

Naruko scuffed at the girl, "First off, I'm seven, I don't chase after boys, second, he isn't worth my time, third, I take my priority in becoming a kunoichi to be more important than an emotional scared boy from a once great clan, fourth and finally, I just don't like him."

Sakura blinked at her and roared as she charged at the blonde like an idiot, "Don't insult Sasuke-kun!"

In all of one second, Sakura's face hit the ground hard and was forced even more into the ground as Naruko pushed her foot onto Sakura's head.

"You truly are an idiot, aren't you?" Naruko asked rhetorically, "You are just a mindless little girl who follows the crowd, trying to get prince charming. Guess what? He isn't all that charming. You can see it in his eyes you know. There is no love or warmth in them, just utter hatred and anger. You chase a pointless dream fool. May you truly get a wakeup call before you get yourself killed." Naruko said as she released her foot and walked away.