chapter 13: Changing Seasons

It had been one month since her coronation and Tsunade had to say it was going great.

The first thing she did was decree some laws and ripped apart the power the civilian council once had, hell there was no civilian council anymore, just a bunch of civilians that got together that wrote up all the merchant and financial transactions that happened in the village. Tsunade would look at them and sign them off and that cut about 2/3 of her normal amount of paperwork she would have had. Next thing she did was take away the power the Shinobi clan heads once had. They advised now, nothing more, just like the elders do. The Hyuuga clan was a bit put off at that, but they could shove it for all she cared.

Konoha was now, once again, a dictatorship and it was sweet~

Next thing she did was reintroduce her medical program. There were many who signed up and she left Shizune in charge of it after she had set up the routines of practice and levels of testing for the program. The other thing she did was up the difficulty of the academy, she could not believe her sensei let it fall so far! It seemed the civilians wanted it to be easier for their children to become Shinobi, well too bad for them. She had asked Naruko for some suggestions since she had graduated from the academy less than a year ago. The blonde gave her a list, a long long list that Tsunade agreed with most of what was on it. It would take a year or two to work out the kinks, but the new academy would help out in the long run for future Shinobi of Konoha.

Surprisingly that had won her Danzo's respect, which was slightly eerie.

Now, if one had asked Senju Tsunade if she believed in magic, she would have laughed in your face and would dump some sake on you to wake you up from your daydreaming. But now, after meeting her grandmother's clan spiritual guardian, she believed otherwise.

Now from what she could understand, the Uzumaki were some of the last people to have circuits, due to the fact that one of the early Uzumaki had one of the last magi families marry into it and learned about Magecraft through the marriage. With learning about it, they used their knowledge to make them greater than anyone else at Fuinjutsu by utilizing runes and boundary fields into the sealing art.

As it turned out, Tsunade herself had circuits due to her Uzumaki blood, but they were closed off since she had never used them. She had of course wished to learn more and asked the spirit if they could be opened. They could, but it would be very painful. Tsunade didn't care really, she could take some pain and learning more about her heritage was worth it.

And Nimue was right, it was painful as hell!

But this was a way to connect to her last surviving family members, so in the end that was all that mattered to her. She had 8 circuits with 270 units of Od in them. A bit small compared to Naruko and Karin, but she was okay with that. Naruko held almost unlimited Prana due to special circumstances while Karin had 20 circuits that held 1000 units of Od each.

From what she had heard, Naruko's vassal and bun haired friend didn't have circuits, but Nimue transferred artificial ones into them.

Tenten gained 14 circuits with 230 units of Od, while Haku gained 12 circuits with 380 units of Od.

Sadly they went through more pain than those with natural circuits.

Next was learning of Origins and Elements.

There was bad news and good news to this for Tsunade. The bad news, her Origin was Vanity...Naruko just wouldn't stop laughing when they found that one out, but it did explain a lot. The good news, the one that made her giddy like a little school girl, was her element, Wood, yes just like her grandfather, she could now use Wood magic. While it was not Mokuton like her grandfather, it would still scare any village shitless once they saw her do that!