chapter 2: Where the scarecrow, cat, & kiri-nin at?

Naruko came to see her two 'teammates' sitting there looking hungry and angry.

"Uzumaki-san why are you LATE!" Sakura really needed to vent some anger, be damned if it's the girl that kicks her ass in spars.

"I got lost on the road of life," she said as Kakashi appeared, "Right Hatake-san?"

'She used my own line damn think fast Kakashi.' "Riiiight! And a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way around."

The other two just sweat dropped.

Kakashi ignored them as he reached into his pouch, pulling out a clock which he set on the training post in the middle. Reaching back into his pouch he pulled out two bells, which he attached to his pants and then pulled out two bento boxes. "Now then, I am sure you're all wondering about your test." Kakashi paused for a moment as he gave them an eye smile. "The test is simple; you have to get these two bells from me. Those who don't get a bell will be sent back to the academy for remedial training."

This statement was accompanied by three different reactions. Sasuke narrowed his eyes and grit his teeth, determined to get a bell. Sakura paled a bit, her confidence wavering. Naruko however, frowned in thought as she felt something off with that statement.

"But sensei, there are only two bells!" Sakura shouted.

"Thank you miss obvious." Naruko said

Kakashi shrugged. "Then I guess that means at least one of you will fail. Oh. And who ever doesn't get a bell will also be tied to one of these posts and will be forced to watch as the others eat their meals in front of you."

Two stomachs gurgled at that announcement, both Sakura and Sasuke now realizing why he told them not to eat. Naruko looked at the other two with a smile.

"Naruko." Kakashi said with a frown beneath his mask. "I thought I told you not to eat." The other two Genin looked at her and glared.

Naruko just smirked "Unlike the fangirl, I don't diet. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and no one tells me not to eat, that's ridicules to follow advice like that."

'Ok guess she is Kushina-san's daughter alright.' As it was a very Kushina like answer.

"Now then, you can use kunai and shuriken, remember to come at me with the intention to kill or you won't get a bell."

"But sensei, what if you get hurt!" Sakura asked in shock.

Naruko giggled at her stupidity. Meanwhile Kakashi chuckled. "Trust me; I think I'm good enough to avoid getting hurt." He looked at the three of them. "Now then, get ready, set, and go!"

The 3 Genin shot off, disappearing into the grove of trees. 'Well at least they know how to hide.' Kakashi thought to himself, only to sweat drop as a shadow came over him.

"You know, compared to the others you're a little weird." Kakashi said as he looked at the Genin.

"It would be pointless to hide from a Jonin, especially one of your caliber copy cat-san, you know reading your file was very useful and talking to your 'eternal rival' let me learn a lot about you. How did you like your line used before you could use it?" asked a grinning Naruko

'So that was what she was reading on the rooftop. Damn, wonder if she knows the answer to the test now. But she is right since I know where the others are.' "Well you're certainly smarter than your teammates guess your title as a genius holds true, so now what are you going to do?"

Naruko frowned at the genius title "There is no such thing as genius or prodigy to me, I'm just a person who learns faster than others and works harder than other to get where I am."