chapter 11: Family Reunion!

Naruko was sitting in her golden kimono with a lily pattern on it and her ocean blue obi in her home and was in a somewhat somber mood as she watched the rain fall down as she sat on the deck of her backyard.

Jiraiya was playing a game of shogi with Karin, who had finally moved in to her permanent home, and she was winning too, much to Jiraiya's shock.

Haku was calmly reading as she looked at the match between her newest mistress and her lady's new sensei every now and then.

Naruko let out a sigh as she did a rewind in her mind during the funeral of the Sandaime Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen.

While the man had indeed caused most of her problems by announcing her status, he was the only human who tried to care for her during her childhood.

She did hold a lot of respect for the man and she was truly saddened by his passing, but he went like any Hokage would, all for the sake of protecting the village.

"Jiraiya-sensei, who is going to be select as the next Hokage?" Naruko asked with a twinge of curiosity. As whoever it was, she needed to know how this person would affect her standing in the village.

Jiraiya, realizing that he was going to lose, turned his head so his large ponytail would swipe over the board, thus knocking the pieces over and answered her.

"Hey you cheater! You did that on purpose!" Karin shouted in outrage.

Jiraiya waved her off as she started to pick up the piece in anger and trying to set them up back where they were.

"Not too sure really. There are a few people, but we'll have to wait and see." The sage commented.

A knock came from the gate and the alert seal on it informed them.

Haku stood up and laid her book on the floor and walked outside to see the visitors.

As she opened the gate, Haku was surprised to see the village elders and Danzo.

"Greetings elders, Shimura-san." Haku said with a curt nodded.

"We believe Jiraiya-kun is here correct, also we wish to speak to Uzumaki-kun about her performance during the exam and invasion." Homura said as he adjusted his glasses.

Haku nodded and escorted them in.

Naruko turned her head and saw the elders and Danzo enter her home with a bit of surprise. She guessed it was mostly to see Jiraiya.

Jiraiya expected to see the elders, but wondered why Danzo was here too.

Haku had prepared some tea for everyone and both she and Karin sat in the corner of the room to stay out of the way.

Koharu decided to start, "Jiraiya-kun, we need to discuss who will become the next Hokage and since you are the only one-"

"Not going to happen." Jiraiya said cutting her off.

"Jiraiya-kun, see reason!" Homura said

"You're forgetting that there is someone even more qualified for the job." He hinted

Koharu gasped, "You can't mean her?" she asked

Jiraiya nodded, "Yep."

Danzo snorted, "She's been away from the village far too long and we know she won't come back." He commented

Jiraiya sent him a glare, "Well, name one who would be more qualified than her?" he challenged

Danzo said nothing.

"Thought so. I'll set out to get her in the morning." Jiraiya said

"Very well, we'll gather an Anbu squad for you by the morning." Homura said