Friday Night Bites 1x03

Start from the beginning

  "Maybe we should play the lottery."Elena jokes.

"Have you talked to your Grams?" I ask.

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?"

"Yes." I say smirking, if only they knew.

"I don't want to be a witch." Elena says as pours the to-go food into a bowl.

"And putting it in a nice bowl isn't fooling anybody. I could of cooked"

"Why didn't you?"

"You didn't ask."

"Ok, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?"

"Middle drawer on your left."Bonnie says to her.

"Ok, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times."

"Yeah, that's it." Bonnie answers as doorbell rings.

"Ok, he's here. Don't be nervous. Just be your normal loving self."

"Don't think I'm weird but give me one things in this kitchen to find"

"First I don't think you're weird, but find me...birthday candles" I state and she finds them with ease.

This might be the most awkward dinner in the history of awkward dinners. No one is talking and I just focus on my food.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena breaks the silence.

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right." I just nod my head while continuing to eat my food.

"Bonnie, Ana, you two should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and..."

"Yeah, I was there so I saw it." I reply.

"I heard" Bonnie replies.

"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" Elena says to Bonnie.

"Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad."

"No, about the witches. Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool."" Cool isn't the word I'd use."

"I would." I say to her and she smiles at me.

" Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s." Stefan says to her.

"My family came by way of Salem." Bonnie says

"Really? Salem witches?"

"Yeah."

"I would say that's pretty cool."

"Really? Why?"

"Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity."

"Yeah, they are." Bonnie says as doorbell rings. At the door are Caroline and Stefan's brother, Damon, another vampire. I notice Stefan  trying to make his brother leave to not be invited in. But his efforts are destroyed when Elena invites Damon in.

______________________________________

We ended up in the  living room having cake and drinking cofee. "I cannot believe that Mr. Tanner let you on the team. Tyler must be seething. But good for you. Go for it." Care says as i notice scarf around her neck which gives me answers, that Damon was responsible for everything.

"That's what I always tell him. You have to engage. You can't just sit there and wait for life to come to you. You have to go get it." Damon says.

"Yeah, Elena wasn't so lucky today. It's only because you missed summer camp. God, I don't know how you're ever going to learn the routines."

"Bonnie and I will work with her she'll get it" I defend my sister.

"I guess we can put her in the back."

"Caroline..."I said warning her to stop.

"You know, you don't seem like the cheerleader type, Elena or you Ana." Damon says to us.

"Oh, it's just 'cause their parents died. Yeah, I mean, they're just totally going through a blah phase. They used to be way more fun. And I say that with complete sensitivity."

"I'm sorry, Elena, Ana. I know what it's like to lose both your parents. In fact, Stefan and I have watched almost every single person we've ever cared about die."Obviosly when you're immortal.

"We don't need to get into that right now, Damon." Stefan tries to stop him but he continues talking.

"Oh, you know what, you're right, Stef. I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was bring her up. Mmm."

Later I go with Bonnie to see if Elena needs help in the kitchen and she's talking to Damon, which I didn't like. And after little more time the night is finally over.

______________________________________

Our school pre-game ritual is burning jersey of the opposite team to bring up everyone's spirit

Our school pre-game ritual is burning jersey of the opposite team to bring up everyone's spirit. Tanner is if I say so myself desperately trying to get crowds attention to give his speech of encouragement like every year."Wait, wait, wait, Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait. Let's be honest here. In the past, we used to let other teams come into our town and roll right over us!"Boos came from the crowd. "But that is about to change. "he says as everybody is cheers. "We've got some great new talent tonight starting on the offense, and I'm gonna tell you right now, it has been a long time since I have seen a kid like this with hands like these. Let's give it up for Stefan Salvatore!" I cheer with others as I see Tyler looking pissed. His my childhood friend but what I don't like about him is his overt jealously.

I see Jeremy and Tyler later fighting I ran up to them and thankfully Stefan stops them.

_____________________________________

Later in the evening I heard Tanner was attacked and killed. I didn't like him very much but no one deserves to die like that from an 'animal attack'.