Chapter 87: "Nowhere as cute as you"

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay. Wish me well up there, cool kids."
Ashlyn squeezed her hand before walking off.

"How'd you sleep?" She was currently laying her head on my shoulder.

"Pretty good." She said. "I think it was good to solve everything with...everyone involved with yesterday's events, you know? Like, before I went to sleep."

"Definitely." I kissed the side of her head once again, it being an action I knew she was fine with in front of all our friends, including EJ.

Ashlyn got on stage and began singing her heart out. Half way through, Gina was tearing up, laying against my chest.

"Ash, that was amazing! You were made for Charity!" Gina squeals, running up to her friend.

"Thanks, Gi. You know my Leo in me craves that."

"Anytime." Gina laughed

•••

"Okay, that's all for today. Tomorrow we have a day off for Color War, and the next day will be our act one run. Just so everyone's aware, Corbin is coming tomorrow, taking over Disney Music's Instagram. So, be ready for a Color War much like last year."

Ooh! Drama!

Gina's POV: That night
"But I want to kiss you." He whined.

"Ricky, we'll be woken up so early, I'll give you a bunch of kisses tomorrow."

"Just a little one? Please!"

"God, okay. Mwah." She pecked my lips. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight. I love you."

"And I love you."

•••

The next morning, I approached Gina. It's Color War day! We walk hand in hand to the amphitheater, ready to be placed in our teams.

"What's up, Disney Music, I'm Corbin Blue, and today I'm at Camp Shallowr Lake for another summer activity! Who remembers the Color War from the documentary? Well we're back with that again! EJ, time to make the teams!"

"Okay. On the blue team, we have Ricky, Gina, Emmy, Jack, Big Red, and myself. On the yellow team there is Kourtney, Carlos, Seb, Jet, Maddox, and Ashlyn."

Everyone cheered, and the activities officially began.

•••

"Hey, Gigi!" I ran up to her a while later, finding her on the court.

"Hey." She was focused on aiming the ball towards the net. She tossed it, and she made it! "Yes!"

"Good job." I smiled, hugging her. When she hugged me, I kissed her shoulder.

"Mmm, Ricky, not now."

"Ugh!"

•••

"Dewey says, hop on one foot. Dewey says, switch to hopping on the other foot. Dewey says, switch back to the first foot and just stand. Simon says spin in a circle again. Jet! I'm Dewey, not Simon! You're out!"

Jet rolled his eyes, walking off the field.

"It was a good try dude." I patted his arm, but all my attention was set on Gina.

"Dewey says, stand on both feet and spun in a circle." Everyone obliged. "Dewey says, the game is now Ricky says."
I smirked, walking up there and winking at Gina.

"Ricky says, do a triple pirouette on the left side."

Some people attempted it and failed, others got close, and some just walked off before even trying. But Gina was flawless.

"Ricky says, that's a win for the blue team. Good job." I then mouthed to Gina.

•••

•••

"Next activity, the wall. First up, Ricky and Kourtney!" Val exclaims.

"Wait, Ricky." I felt Gina's soft hand on my shoulder. "Don't, like, let he win. But be reasonable against Kourtney. If she doesn't start right away, go slow. I know she can do this."

"Okay, Gina." I smiled, before kissing her forehead.

"Ready, and...go!"

Surprisingly, Kourtney started instantly. She didn't look confident white yet, and she wasn't going too fast, but she was going and seemed determined enough.

Before I knew it, I was behind. I started to speed up, but felt one foot slip off, and my opposite hand as well.

"Ricky!" I heard the fear in Gina's voice.

"I'm okay!" I continued the climb, and made it to the top, but not before Kourtney rang the bell.

"Go Kourt!" I heard Gina yell. "Good job, Ricky!"

•••

"I'm so glad you didn't fall." Gina jumped in my arms.

I laughed, rubbing her back. "I would've been fine, there's a harness."

In the end, yellow won the wall climbing. It was a close run, but if it wasn't for Kourtney, it would probably be a tie. 

•••

"Now, for the sing off!"

The song was I Don't Dance from HSM 2, and in the end, the blue team won!

"We won!" I ran up to Gina and lifted her off the ground, spinning her around.

"Good job!" She laughed. I plopped her down, kissing her. "You are so cute."

"Nowhere as cute as you."

(1,060 words)