Chapter 38: You did this?

A bit short, but sweet.

Gina's POV
"Oh my gosh, Ricky! A puppy!" I laughed in disbelief. "You didn't have to do this. Like really. My mom will never let me have a dog."

"I thought of that." He grabbed my hands. "And that's why you get to choose the name and then can come visit your puppy at my house whenever you would like. My dad's, that is."

"You're so sweet. I love you." I poke his cheek.

"Why thank you. And I love you as well." He scooped up the puppy and placed it in my arms. "It's a boy."

"What're you gonna call him?"

"Elphie." I decide. "To remember this time in my life."

"It's perfect." Ashlyn said.

•••the next day•••

"So did yesterday make you feel special, or what?" Ricky asked as we cuddled on the couch together with Elphie.

"It made me feel very special and loved. Especially by you." I leaned forward and kissed him.

"Well that was the plan." He patted Elphie's head and then mine.

I shifted into a different position, and I guess he thought that I was getting bored, because he spoke.

"Do you want to get up, do something?"

"Not really. I kind of just want you to hold me right now."

"Hmm, I see." He said. "C'mere."

He laid fully down on the couch, and laid me between his legs across him. We're the same height, but I adjusted my head so it didn't smash his face. He looped his arms around my middle to hold my stomach, and I wished that we could stay this way forever. A year ago I never though this could be.

"You tired?" I asked him.

"Yeah. You?"

"Mhm."

"Let's just sleep, Gina. Let's sleep."

•••next rehearsal•••
Miss Jenn's POV
It is now the second week of March, and our show is in the middle of May. We still have so much to do, and I'm starting to sense some distraction from Kourtney.

She doesn't seem fully focused whether it's over her undecided relationship with Jet, her college choices, or her current mental health state. I want to do whatever I can to support her.

Because we have to work on Defying Gravity and No Good Deed soon, and also because this is a high paying TV show, Kristin had helped me put together a little surprise for Kourtney.

And it's sure to put the pep back into Kourtney's performance.

Who gets the reference...Anyone? Give every chapter a vote if you do!!!)