Chapter Eight

Vika sat on her bed. Everything was a shaking. Or maybe that was her. The ride home was silent. Her father shaking his head. Her mother trying to keep in her sobs and Vika? She couldn't process anything. Xavier was gone like really gone. What would they do when that messenger showed up saying Xavier had passed away? I mean, if we're all honest, he's never gonna make it. He grew up in the light. It's not something more intense like the dark. Nope, he's never had to fight or search for food. The thought brought tears to her eyes. Her mother's sobs broke through, and the tears Vika was holding back burst through. Her father had left almost instantly slamming the door on her way out. No doubt on his way to the bar. Her mother locked herself in Xaviers room and has been crying ever since.                                                                                                                               Vika dried her tears and walked over to her mirror her curls were still perfect. She changed into a more casual outfit. Walking down the hall to the kitchen, she just realized how famished she was. But she didn't have much time to eat. She had to get down to the registration office. She worked to hard for it to be ruined by Xavier of all people. She had to forget about him and move on. Today was a day of change. Today she prepared her future.