Chapter six

A mistake is what everyone thinks of him. Of course it was, but he wasn't a mistake. And how hard she will have to work to get some cushy job. How about hard, he will have to work to stay alive!! Deep down, he knew he'd be dead in a few days. It was a hard truth to except but he was very small. Only 5"5 has never tiped the scale over one-twenty.

At first, he was gonna keep all these thoughts to himself, but Vika wasn't, so why should he. He stood up to face his sister. It wasn't as intimidating. Considering her height advocated,but... " Oh, so I'm a mistake now. You've called me a lot of things, but it seems you've found one that fits." And the audacity to tell me about how terrible it is that you get to stay the perfect child in your nice home with parents that love you. Never worrying about a meal. Never worrying about a bed or a roof. NEVER WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LIFE!!!" The room was so dark now it looked like night had fallen. " I mean honestly, sis, look at me. I'll be dead in two days!" 

" Xavier, don't say that, please. We love you, and that is not what we want to happen!" His mother shouted.  " Really..." he had to laugh. " If you really loved me, you wouldn't have done nothing but praise the ground. Vika walked on or always lectured me on really anything I did. Or nod along with her as she yells at me about how I ruined her perfect life!!" Mabey, if you put more effort into things, mom and dad wouldn't have lectured you!" Vika said. " Do you guys even know where I work?" Xavier asked. He saw them share a look. "Since when do you work." His father asked. " Since I was fourteen. Down at Mr Okens mechanics... While Vika was busy learning junk, that won't ever help her. I was earning a paycheck. Vika, do you know how to fix the engine of a hover car or change the trakes on a hydro- plane. Do you even know how to change a tire? 

Vika asked, " Do you know why the factions were created? Do you know all the abilities we can be given? Do you even know the elders' names?"  Xavier knew, but " who cares? " It won't help. That won't ever help you in the real world, Vika." 

" Thank you for proving my point. You were so busy looking at Vikas A's and scolding my C's that you didn't even realize I had a full-time job. I was learning things that will actually help me in life  instead of pushing the Elders' agenda." Principle Farthorn opened the door, and all the darkness vanished, leaving Vika and his parents temporarily blinded while their eyes adjusted to the light. " The transports here,but if you need more time?" No, take him now he doesn't belong here anymore." Xaviers father said. In all honesty, his words stung, but Xavier refused to give him that pleasure. So he looked Principle Farthorn dead in the eye and said, " I was just about to say the same thing."  With that, he left without another word.