Chapter four

Xavier felt the cold light wrap around him. Seeing the arrow flote above his head brought a wave of emotions he couldn't even find words for. Sadness, anger, fear....all he knew is that he wanted to hide. So that's what he did he. The light was so cold, and the shadows all around him felt warm and cozy. So he wrapped them around himself. As many as he could get and as tightly as he could. He just wanted to sink into the darkness. That was until he heard principal Farthorn call out, "He's a shadow bender. "

"What?" Xavier said, letting go of all the shadows he was holding. It was only then that he realized he was back at ground level. He saw his family staring at him from the corner. His mother was collapsed in an armchair with her head in her hands, clearly crying. His father just stared at him like...like he didn't even know him. And his sister, well, her reaction hurt him the most. 

She was looking at their parents and then looked at him. When his sister was angry, she would just yell, and he would yell back. Then later, they would make up, but She just looked at him and shook her head. He could see the sadness in her eyes, and the hurt, and the anger,but what hurt most was the disappointment. It was like a punch, right to the gut. Yes, she was sad. Yes, she was angry. But disappointment beat all of that. He couldn't cry,he couldn't, yell.... just shrink into a little Xavier shell.

Principal Farthorn came up and said, "I have called in the wayward trafers. You have one hour to say goodbye." Xavier realized how real this was. In one short hour, he would be taken away from everything he ever knew. "Prehaps we should continue this in a private room