"Yes, boss." He swallowed the last spoon and stood to leave. "Capitán Demián." He greeted him when he reached the folds at the tent's entrance.

"Already leaving, Mikhailov?"

"Work calls." I grinned, shaking his hand in mine.

"I wouldn't deny it. That boy's been on his computer since you arrived."

"I can tell you it has nothing to do with work. Marco has something personal going on."

"A woman?" His eyebrow arched, and he smirked.

"I wouldn't doubt it." Demián laughed. He trained with me in the Russian Armed Forces and didn't renew his contract. I tell myself he was there to spy on them, and I couldn't care less.

"I will leave you to it. It was good seeing you, Mikhailov." He tipped his hat and walked out.

"I've got the blueprints for the building." Marco stood up and turned his laptop to face me. "Study it. There are no cameras in certain areas we could enter from. Three men guard the gate, two in the back. I think they're keeping Butterfly in the east of the building. There are many rooms, but I'm getting static from that room from the speakers on the walls."

"Me, you and Sasha enter from the front. I will have one of the shooters on the roof if anyone escapes and as a backup. Three will attack the West and three East." He nodded. "And Clara?"

"Exactly where I need her." He spoke through gritted teeth. "And I'm telling you, she won't get away this time."

"Let's go." He stood from tying his boots and followed me to the plane, where General Alfonso Huerta bid us goodbye.

Remind me to buy a private house the next time I come to Mexico.

I went in and out of sleep, and my head lolled to the side

I went in and out of sleep, and my head lolled to the side. After I gave her the pain relief pills, I checked on Victoria for the hundredth time now. She was breathing, and I wished I could take the frown off her face. No one deserves to have nightmares in their sleep.

I looked at the pail in the room, deciding I would just use the damn thing.

I relieved my full bladder and returned to sit by Victoria's lying form. It's been too quiet, and I have tried picking the lock with the knife, but it was fruitless. That fucking metal door was a pain in the ass.

Victoria whimpered, and I shushed her by rubbing her knees. "I am here." I yawned, blocking the sound with my hand. I rested my head on the mattress and closed my eyes, feeling sleepy again.

Shouts erupted in the air, and footsteps echoed in the hallway outside. Victoria startled awake with a sob. "Shh. It's fine." I quickly stood up, grabbing the knife from beneath the mattress where my head rested. Fuck, I almost had a heart attack. I looked at the knife in my hand, then the box on the floor, quickly forming a plan. I won't let them take or hurt us. "Quiet for me, Victoria. I'm going to get them."