Fifteen

Days like today make me question if I want to continue with this baby or if I'm making my worst mistake, keeping it and leaving everything behind

Days like today make me question if I want to continue with this baby or if I'm making my worst mistake, keeping it and leaving everything behind. I've had my face stuck in a toilet bowl since morning, and I'm crying. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's because I feel weak, I'm about to be alone, or my breasts are sore.

One moment, I was happy, thinking of the beaches I could visit when I left. Next, I'm angry because Romeo continues to ignore me. Then I feel guilty for yelling at him just to feel apathetic after he does nothing but stand like a damn statue or a walking one.

"Are you alright? I made you some ginger tea. I figured you'd be sick this morning." The bedroom door closed, and Greta strolled inside. "Oh, dear. You look pale. Come."

I flushed the toilet and rested my head against the wall. I was naked and about to take my afternoon shower because it felt necessary to shower three times. I don't know. I pricked from the damn heat.

Greta ran a bath, her face contorting in pain when she watched me cry. "I'm so sorry, Giuls. He'll come for you." She tried to reconcile just to make me feel better. I was anything but better. "You should tell him."

"He doesn't want kids or know how to love." I cried. "Now he killed Raffaele, stirring more conflict with the Italians."

"That's nonsense. You fell in love with that man, Giulia. Show him how to for you and your children. That man killed a man for you, so those babies are safe with him." She's speaking to me, and I'm not digesting it.

"What's about Fyodor? His father. What if I have baby girls?" My hand went protectively over my stomach.

"Fyodor Mikhailov?" Greta turned the tap off and walked to help me off the floor. "Is deceased. It happened five days after your arrival?"

"What?" I blinked back my tears to look at her.

"Mhm. Rumour has it, Adrik killed the man." I sighed. "Are you still going to leave?"

"Yes. I'm finding myself and my parents." A flash of guilt made me frown at her. "What?"

"Antonio wanted to speak with you."

"For what?" She shrugged, helping me into the warm bath.

"Where things go from here." She picked up the shampoo and poured a dollop onto my head. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm leaving on Friday. Not today, and I'm not going forever."

"Who am I going to talk with then?"

"Greta!" I gasped. "Am I walking to my death?"

"What if Adrik kidnaps you again?" She sighed. "After what happened two days ago, he is remarkably enraged."

"He knew the consequences of sending me back!" I argued. "Not everyone is sure to listen to that bastard."