Twenty-One

"Do you think we should try for a baby?" Alessandro's hands paused the caresses on my shoulder. I pushed my head back to look at my husband. I swallowed, "Maybe I can go to the doctor and get rid of my implant...if that's okay with you. I know how difficult it is with your work."

His eyebrows pulled together as his eyes met mine. "Where is this coming from?" I didn't know either. Maybe it was seeing Giulia smile every time she rubbed her belly or hearing the nurse say she was pregnant.

I felt that joy when I heard the heartbeat of those babies. I felt sour for being jealous because Adrik was an evil man and didn't deserve to have happiness in his life, but I was selfish when I looked back at it.

It didn't matter if he tried to take my life. Giulia suffered for it and ended up falling in love with him. At first, I refused to believe her when she told me about him. These children could bring them together, but Giulia ran away. She says it's to find herself, but she was running from the man she loves.

"Vita mia?" Alessandro brought me back to the present and my thoughts.

"Mhm?"

"If a baby is what you want, we could work on it, but you've never spoken about it before. Why now?" He kissed my lips tenderly.

"I don't know," Giulia asked me to keep her secret. It wasn't mine to tell unless she was in danger. No one knows her because of Edoardo's wickedness. Her unknown is to her advantage in Australia, though. It's not like Adrik has enemies there. We don't either. I'm just counting the days until she returns.

"I will schedule an appointment with your doctor soon." His hand travelled between our bodies and slid between my slick folds. We'd just had blissful sex and had dinner to go to in one hour. "We can start with my tongue fucking your cunt as a celebration." He groaned as he claimed my mouth in a wet, hot kiss.

"We have dinner to go to, Alessio." A sigh of pleasure escaped my lips when he rolled slow circles over my sensitive clit. "Please," I found myself begging for him. "We have to be—" He claimed my mouth harshly as he slipped two thick fingers into my dripping pussy. I moaned, widening my thighs to let him have his way with me.

"What have I said about ordering me around?" He growled, his fingers curled, hitting my g-spot he knew where to find. Even I had trouble locating it.

"I-I'm," I moaned loudly, feeling all the pleasure in that spot. "I'm not supposed to do it." My back arched. "Alessio." It was a warning because I felt the orgasm that would hit me with full force. He built me higher and higher until I tensed, and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

"That's it, baby. Come for me." I whimpered as my orgasm shocked every ending nerve in my body. I writhed beneath my husband, his lips tasting every moan from my lips. "Mine." He growled against my mouth before bringing his soaked finger to his mouth and sucking. I always loved when he did that. I smiled through the haze of my orgasm when his phone rang.

"Oh my—We're going to be late, Alessio."

"Then get ready," He smirked, kissing my forehead before stretching for his phone, which didn't stop ringing. "Antonio?"

I stopped, turning to look at my husband and the folded lines on his forehead. Whatever news he just got wasn't good. Was it Giulia? My heart started to beat from horror. Nothing could happen to her. "I'm on my way." He gritted his teeth before pressing that red button and cursing.

"What's wrong?" I advanced to him. "Is it Giulia?"

"Ginevra is dead. Edoardo found her a bloody mess in the kitchen tonight. I'm saving you the gruesome details. He just didn't find her in the kitchen." He got off the bed and stalked to the shower.