Chapter: 58 Lies

Hazy cloud vanished in to the air, leftover fag crushed under the polished black shoe

Hazy cloud vanished in to the air, leftover fag crushed under the polished black shoe. He pocketed out another cigarette from golden tin, lightening it, he exhaled the smoke. My heart fluttered. Vikram was looking ethereal in the white dress suit, with the beauty of Santorini in the background. Just thinking about him, made me feel the butterflies in my stomach.

I don't know how long it has been since I have been standing in the balcony and gazing at him.

I can go to the lobby and talk to him?

My crazy thoughts reminded me of Niharika, how she would find some spare minutes out of my brother's hectic schedule to just talk to him. My all these emotions for Vikram, made me realise how Niharika was hopeless for Bhai.

Wanting to act on my impulses without caring about the impacts of it, I went to the garden, when Niharika asked where I was going, I lied, I told her Sunaina called me, and I was going to her.

There he stood. My heartbeats fastened, I thought about an excuse to approach him.

"Smoking is bad for you," A chuckle escaped his lips.

As if my heartbeats did not act like I was running, they now were even faster. My brows narrowed, had I made a fool out of myself.

"You sound like my mother," he turned his face towards me, dark grey eyes so intense I had to look away. His tall stature towered me, blocking the harsh rays of sun.

I did not know what to say. We stood in quietness. Perhaps awkward.

What if he asks, what was I doing here?

"Um-" My fingers ran over my nape, I tried to soothe my anxiety. I observed how he shifted his focus back to me, "I needed Sunaina's number."

His head bobbled, "I thought Viraj gave it to you, last night," He pocketed his phone out.

I shifted on my feet, "He did. I forgot to save it," I ran my fingers over the keyboard, pretended to save a number, which I had in my contacts since years, "thanks." I averted my gaze away from his face.

Why can you not like your brother, Vikram?

"You had lunch?" He asked.

I had. I had. I nodded, when my mouth decided to not cooperate by speaking up, "Did y-you?" My teeth bit on my cheeks. Thankfully, this nervousness was not caused by him, however in every conversation I have with strangers.

"Yes, I had." He answered. Sounding rather professional, "Your brother is here," He looked at the top of my head, my heart as if stopped momentarily. A black SUV entered in the parking with another car followed by.

"I-I need to go," Without waiting for his reply, I dashed inside. I repeatedly pressed on the elevator's button. I needed to go back to our suite before Bhai catches me here?