Chapter6: Those heartfelt conversations

🎵Dilbaro🎵 (raazi)

The sun shone. Warm yellow light contrasted with the clear, blue sky. Fluffy balls of cotton scattered all over. As if it were masterpiece. Birds glided across the sky, their chirping, melodic.

"Your highness," from the blue with orange strewed over sky, I looked the at white corridor. On threshold, stood a house help, she smiled, so did I. "Rohan Sahab is asking for you. He is in the garden," I nodded at her and she took a cue to leave.

I walked down the stairs, reached the garden.

"My Roshi! You look enchanted," Dad complimented me as I reached near him. He was sitting on the swing. His green t-shirt brought a smile to my face, it was my favourite color on him, when I was younger, I used to ask him to wear green coloured clothes every single day, and he used to fulfil my wish.

"Thanks dad," I answered shortly but with a deep smile. His blue jeans reminded me of the day he went with Damini, he was wearing some dark blue kurta, it felt like a tug to my heart. I didn't wanted to remember that horrible day and ugly years followed after. Still I smiled because he's my dad and I love him.

"Come sit beside me," Dad gestured at empty space next to him. I sat down, and dusted off the invisible dirt on dress. This felt awkward, after 10 years I don't what to talk with the person I used to chatter non- stop with.

Dad held my hands in his hands, "Please forgive me Roshi. I don't know what had gotten into me that day, that I left my 5 years old daughter," He relented, his eyes were glossy, I could also feel watering in mine.

"You're already forgiven," I sighed. You were not at mistake dad, it was her.

"Roshi you look just like your mom. You have got the same hair, and same smile. When you walked in here you looked, as if it was her. The same grace and the same elegance as her," He halted in between, gazing my face trying to memorise every bit of it. " You were just 4 months old when she had left us. I was deep agony for a few months I had a 12 year old son and a 4 months old daughter to take care off. Though everyone helped me a lot," He continued.

I nodded to show that I was listening attentively. His words were completely sincere as I could make from the face.

"Agastya was 16 when he went to London to complete his higher education, that time you were just 4 years. Agastya was quite and reticent, he never talked much to anybody but Dhruv, nevertheless I used to long for him, and you were all the time with your Kaki and cousins. Then I met Damini. She was beautiful and educated. I liked her, she wasn't perfect for this house as she was a divorcee and already had a kid. But I wanted to marry her, she made me feel loved and happy, also I wanted my kids to have a mother," Dad took out a kerchief out of his pocket and, wiped a few tears that had now fallen.

"I brought her home babuji didn't accept her. I thought to take you Mumbai. But Damini didn't wanted to take of another kid. She already had a kid, and she was also pregnant. I didn't understand what to do. I was in a dilemma. Somewhere I knew that leaving you here, won't be a big problem as everybody here loves you, is going take care of you. Damini- Aghh, she could have suffocated you, make you feel toxic. That is the reason I asked you to stay here," He concluded. His eyes and voice held a certain amount of guilt and agony. My heart hurt seeing him like that, he don't owe me an explanation, even if he does, I want that. I just want him to be happy, and he don't need beg for my forgiveness, I have already given him that.