Chapter 49: A cup of coffee!

🎵Closer🎵

With short series of knocks on my door, I stood up from my bed, walking till the white double doors, I clasped on the golden knob and pulled the doors inward

With short series of knocks on my door, I stood up from my bed, walking till the white double doors, I clasped on the golden knob and pulled the doors inward. Niharika stood there, sangria painted lips held a smile. "Hey. Can I come in?"

"Yes please." I moved to a side. It was more than forty minutes since she was in study. I don't know what they were talking about. I also know its not my place to know what a married couple was conversing about. I just wanted to know what her husband thinks about her.

Is he finally accepting her? Or has he started to love her?

"Hello Mrs Singhania." Navy blue body-con dress complimented her dusky tone well, brown curls fell over her shoulder, a silver watch on her left hand, she extended her right hand in front of my sister in law. "I am Janhavi Thakur."

"Niharika, it's a pleasure to meet you." She shook her hands with the fashion designer.

"Feelings are mutual. Alright. Shall we get to the business?" Upper lids lined with blue, hazel eyes looked at us, for confirmation. Niharika and I nodded our heads at us. She called some who got a two clothes line. One full of straight party gowns and midi length dresses. The other one, full of ethnic gowns and sarees. "These are from my fresh collection, please try whatever you guys want to. If y'all don't like any of these, please inform me, I will get something else." She gestured the shimmery and glittery apparels hung on the silver rack.

Niharika looked at me, momentarily I couldn't understand why would see look at me of perhaps confirmation, till I realised all these things are foreign for her. I blinked my eyes at her for reassurance. "Okay, thanks." My flamingo glossed lips formed a smile.

An hour and a couple of dresses later, sister in law and I could finally choose what we would be wearing for the dinner. I choose an orange coloured knee length body fitting dress with elbow length flared sleeves. Niharika ended up choosing a silver worked net saree. After  Janhavi and I insisted her so much to try some western clothings, she did try a few, at least she ended up with a saree.

Biding our byes and thanking Janhavi, she left our house after she explained us what kind of make up and accessories we should carry to make ourselves look perfect. Niharika retired to her room and minutes later a help came and took Niharika's choose outfit to her room. It was quarter to eight while we were all dressed up and ready to go. Getting in brother's car, Niharika and I settled in the back with bhai in the passenger seat and chauffeur driving it.

We reached the venue soon owing to the fact in was a weekday and there was not much traffic on the roads. Getting inside Advay bhaiya's house I immediately was embraced in a warm, sister like hug by Rebecca. "I missed you so much, Roshni."

"Missed you too, Rebecca." Stepping out of the hug, she hugged Niharika. After the greetings were done, I asked where their kid, Prithvi was. she led me to a room, where he was sleeping in green crib. "Oh man, this is so cute. Can I hold him?"