Chapter5: What if you forget me?

🎵Tum hi ho🎵 (Aashiqui 2)

We awaited for the family to come

We awaited for the family to come. It was chaotic, the preparations for there arrival were on its highest peak.

Our family was settled in one of the halls, my cousins and I were sitting in the garden adjacent to it. Through the glass partition, we could see and hear everything.

Two guards escorted four people. Two women, the younger one was the one who was supposed be wed off in this family, the other must be her mother. I recognised the two men, Mr Keshav Negi and his son.

Keshav Negi joined his palms together, "kaise hain aap sab?" His family, greeted everyone as well.

("How are all of you?")

"Namaskar Keshav. We're all very good," Dadaji sat on a sofa, "bethiye aaplog."

("Please have a seat.")

Congregation of house helps, entered with trays of appetisers and refreshments.

"Pratap Sahab, there's big difference between us. You are the family of The sovereign and we are mere workers in front of you. I won't force on anything, we're only here as this was committed long long before," The girl's grandfather spoke.

Grandfather bobbled his head, "Keshav you are embarrassing us now. You're a great friend of mine. But it is true, this promise won't be forced on anyone, if the kids like each other then only we'll get them married,"

Others nodded in agreement.

"This is my grand-daughter Niharika, daughter of Ravish and Neelima," Mr Keshav pointed at the young girl settled beside her mother.

"Yes, we have already met Ravish," Dad sipped on his tea.

"Yes, he used to be at office events," Radayesh uncle added.

"I don't understand why are they making it so suspenseful," Ahana chuckled at the formalities exchanged, "just tell us quick."

"Ahana please sit down," Kairav shushed her down.

"We will come to know eventually," Deeksha said.

"Hey hey hey hey, what happened to you?" Darpana rather dramatically asked.

I shook my head, "nothing."

I let out a smile. A smile which didn't reach my eyes. My heart throbbed in chest. My breaths shallow. Hands clammy. Feet cold.

What if the person who will get married is my brother. Where will I go then? I couldn't feel unloved, unwanted again. The trauma, the dismay, I don't want that.

I don't him to forget me, I know it sounds childish. Perhaps, I do not want my share of love to be shared.

His care, his concern, his love, his attention, everything will be divided between his future wife and his sister.