Chapter 38- Hurt and hurting.

🎵Ek raat🎵

I was left. All alone.

A loud shriek escaped my mouth. My face was sweaty. My body wiggled itself to get out the situation. Nothing was working. I was stuck here.
Alone.

It began raining. Drop and drop fell on my face. The nun in white uniform shook my shoulders. "Roshni." She called me. Her hands patted my cheeks. "Roshni." She called again and I couldn't reply. All I was doing was whimpering in pain, in fear.

"You are okay, relax." She again patted my cheeks. Another wave of rain poured down, wetting my face. Slowly and slowly it felt as if I was being pulled away from the dirty grey colored stairs, my brain was spinning. She grabbed my hand, rubbing it she mumbled in my ear, "you're fine, it's okay." The more I heard her, I felt her voice was manly. Her hands left my palm, reaching to my head, she caressed it.

I turned around to the unfamiliar sky blue building- where I was supposed to live now. The nun kept tapping on my cheek, it seemed as if nothing were in my control, not even my own feet, they were grounded, but seemed as if they were running around. Nothing was intact. Yellow beams, and sky blue walls were whirling. The tapping on my cheek got intense, it did not hurt me physically, mentally it was scary. The more contact my cheek had, more the world around me swirled.

Another loud sheik got out of my mouth. The blue walls and the yellow beams, the grey stairs and the white dressed nun, vanished. Familiar cream walls came into my sight. The term reality confused me. Everything appeared surreal. My body uplifted itself and my hands wrapped around the person clad in black suit, who was leaned over to me. "Bhai," my voice sounded foreign to me.

"Shush." He voiced out, his arms curled around my upper back. Tenderly rubbing the small of my back, his palm moved to my head, stoking it. Soon he unwrapped his hands around me, and straightened up his body. My silent tears turned into loud sobs. Was he leaving me, alone? The supposition my mind created wasn't taken lightly by my heart, instead it bleed like deep wound being poked. My sobs weren't getting any soft, "beta," my brother facing me, sat on the edge of my bed, his one leg tucked under the knee of his other. Pulling me closer, like a bag of feathers he lifted me up and placed me on his lap.

My hands swathed around his torso, my head rested on his chest. "Bhai." Between the sobs, I called him. To tell how scared I was, how broken I was. Lifting my chin up to see my face, he waited for me to speak. I couldn't. My throat felt constricting. "I....I-" I had too much to say but no words to form sober sentences. "

"It's alright." Rubbing small circles on the small of my back, he pressed my head to his chest, patting it. The rhythmic heart beat of his, calmed me down. My palpitating heart got normal, so were my rugged breaths now fine. The goosebumps formed on my body now disappeared, the bitter tears on my face were now dried. "You're okay, huh?" He pulled me away from himself and his concern filled, warm onyx irises scanned my face. Our eyes met, unknown to me my lips held a smile, I nodded my head at him.