Chapter 46: Who's the villain?

🎵Ek raat🎵

"Your friend is nice person, Mr Singhania

"Your friend is nice person, Mr Singhania. And his wife is also extremely sweet." On the way back from the airport, Niharika spoke up.

"Hmm." With all the attention on the road in front, my brother hummed in reply, his wife didn't like it. Her fallen eyes and crestfallen face were the proof of it. From the time we met met Advay bhaiya and his wife, she has been upset and disappointed.

I was aware, my brother wasn't the reason behind her sadness, it was me.

I was also aware of the reason their relationship was suffering, it was also because of me.

I need to give space. I needed give them space.

It's late now. but then, it's never too late. If I take a step back, maybe my brother will take one forward in his married life. And then his wife won't be gloomy and won't hate me.

"Mr Singhania." She called after an interval of silence, just soft sounds of a song playing in the radio, my brother gave a look to the through the rear view mirror and focused back on the highway, "I don't like it here."

"Where?" Asked him in a clipped tone. "Look, if you're sick or something, please get out of my car, don't go on spoiling it." He drove about a mile, halting the vehicle at the side of the road.

His wife let out a gasp, my palm silently coved my face, he really could be rude at times, "I am not sick, Mr Singhania." She frowned.

Bhai held the steering wheel back, with a loud sound, "why would you waste my time then?" He snapped though gritted teeth. Getting the car on the road, he accelerated higher than he was doing before, huge tress surrounded the road went through our eyes super fast.

"In Delhi."

"Huh?" I looked back from the window to her.

Ignoring me, she gazed back at the rear view mirror, "I don't like it here, in Delhi, Mr Singhania."

My brother took a deep audible breath, as if he was trying his best to not burst out on her. "So, what am I supposed to do with this information?" He tapped his fingers on the wheel, his other hand clutched on the gear harshly.

"So, don't you think we should-"

"If you're having so many issues in Delhi, feel free to go back to your mother's place." Nonchalantly, said my brother. "And whatever you were saying with 'we should', do I look like a fucking idiot to you, that I'll shift my whole business somewhere else. Only because you're not liking it here." He added, in low voice.

I nibbled on my lower lip. Waiting for his wife to counter back.

Sometimes, I even felt, they were indeed made for each other. Some factors led me to thinking that.

"Why can't you do that?" Just like always, she didn't shout or yell this time, also. Rather, just like always, she spoke in soft voice.

"Are you out of your goddamned mind, Niharika?" He pressed on each word, hard.